4ch green mic pre finished "wurst-version" ;-)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nrgrecording

Summertime - "wurst-time"... The new "wurst-audio" preamp. Tadaaaa. :green:

Yes. Wurst means sausage in english. Also the other lettering is a bit different this time. :) Gain is "brat", 48V is "grillen", phase is "wenden" and hipass is "filtrieren".

I would like to thank Peter for his nice diy project and the support ThAnK YoU! And all the other guys... the forum sponsors, admins, matt, neeeno, Jürgen (your frontpanel layout is cool!)...

I only had problems with reading the component overlay... So I just did a redraw. I'd used a 10k where a 10R has to be... i thought it was 10k, but the resistor was between psu and supply voltage for an opamp :? But then everything was fine.
So maybe it could help other guys... here it is...

overlay_small.jpg

http://www.nrgrecording.de/green_pre.pdf

-I didn't used the trimpot - only gain switch
-I used cables to connect the leds to the pcb (so i have them like this: -40,-20,0,+20... another idea woudl be to mount the pcbs upside down to get the metering from low to high
-xlr in, stereo jack out
-i had to put two preamps on one pcb so everything will fit in a 1HE enclosure... and it fits very good (in german: um schamhaaresbreite!) :green:
-toroid transformer
-ssl psu thanks again keith!
-fixed mains cable, no IEC
-sifam wing knobs

196-9689_IMG03.jpg

197-9703_IMG09.jpg

197-9707_IMG05.jpg

197-9711_IMG03.jpg

197-9717_IMG.jpg

197-9719_IMG03.jpg

197-9720_IMG.jpg

197-9724_IMG.jpg

197-9730_IMG.jpg

http://www.nrgrecording.de/html/greenpre.html

Regards,
Frank.

Hey Frank, alte Wursthaut
Congrats, really nice job. Now all your recordings will be very tasty: Wienerle Walzer, Thüringer Rostbratgitarren, Merenguez - hard times for veggies in your studio
:thumb:

Frank!

You did it again... it is hard keeping up with you. You constantly raise the DIY bar, a true inspiration!

Well done my friend, so what is next? A Carrot Calrec :green:

Matt

Man, I can just smell the garlic & mustard! :grin:

Excellent job Frank.

Can we link to the diagram from the Green Meta? The switch layout will help a lot of new builders, for one thing.

Gives new meaning to the term "Brat Pack".....

:thumb:

Peter

Great frontpanel, the same "dotted style" as JayDee [http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=108768#108768]
Great source of inspiration.

...um Schamhaaresbreite...
:green: :thumb:

What toroid are you using? I hope the pcb's don't get any tension from it :grin: !
That's a f*cking cool frontplate to have in a studio, you should open a snackbar (Bratwurstbude) as well to raise your income while recording!

Rødpølse-Hotdog compressor? (No, not crisp enough for a GSSL i think...but sometimes i got a compressed feeling in my stomach...)

Man, i have to go to the fridge...this box is a real appetizer.

Give us more like that :guinness: :thumb:
Fantastic!

Martin
(I saw a stomp box named "Leberwurst" before, but it looked very ugly...just like it was called...)

hi frank,

nice job.

I am not into your company (wurst electrics or so...) but maybe next time you choose a red coloured front panel in ketchup design?

:green: :green: :green:

Thanks guys for the kind words! Maybe I'll try a bratei1176 or an ess es schnell mixwurst comp soon :wink:

smallbutfine: What toroid are you using?
The cheapest around... the ones from our Angelika Reichelt :wink:

toffifee: Is it for "Wurst Werner"?

Yes. Of course. The Wurst Werner Edition :green:

Latest posts

Back