Ho Hum... yet another G*S*S*L finished on the lab....

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quadwould

well here it is....

with some modifications... some odd too...

the 15K resistors before the VCAs are now 27K

the 2 47K Summing resistors are (and here is the Odd part) 1M8 (1.8M)... Go figure

there is an 8K2 (8.2K) resistor on the negative leg of the threshold pot.

and I am using Be*inger meter.. which would mean no 2K but it is there, and there is alo a 10K in the same path (middle of the wire between control PCB and the meter...)

The VCAs are THAT 2181LB. the rest are components from Greg's List (the 1/2 watt list). I built this for a friend. he ordered the parts and asked if i could do it.
So here are the (grainy... sorry) snaps of the finished product.

IMG_4169.jpg

IMG_4168.jpg

IMG_4164.jpg

i used THAT Corp 2181LB VCAs for both the channel VCAs and the sidechain VCA. I think i would like to give 202XT's a go next time.

cheers Radiance. i try to keep things clean and easy to identify.. makes for easier troubleshooting and i think it helps make things look more professional. and since this was built for someone else i tried to be as tidy as possible. could have done more, but it would have been a bit more effort and i just didnt havehte time... next one though... when i make an original looking one.. Like yours, i will be uber-tidy

Very nice work... beautiful !!!

Sorry about the 1/2W on the parts list, they're kinda big. The one in the META is updated now with 1/4W.

Cheers Greg.

Big is beautiful..... or so they say...

the 1/2watts are fine. easier to handle at least, but there was a little cramming in 2 places in the audio output section.. things get tight there....

i now have lots of 1/2 spares (friend is letting keep them as he has no use for them... so i think i will make 1 more with 1/2 wat, and thenthe rest in 1/4 watt. i like the Blue colour of the polyester and ceramic caps, the orange of the trimmer and the tantulums and the black of the 'Lytics. it makes for a nice looking stuffed PCB.

I did find the crimps a bit fiddly.. might look for an alternative. and hate the Be*ringer.. henceforth I will be using only Sifam Director PPM14s.

thats the thing. the novable contacts.., i was having a pain trying ot figure out why the meter was not doing what it should for a lite while... Crap contact....

I do really like the ability to remove the connector though.

Maybe a Modified small IDE Hard Drive type connector. like the Real Unit uses.... that would be nice.

Back