Transistor replacement for green pre

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frezen

Hi all

I have problems locating the BC560 locally, I can get hold of BC557, is this ok as a replacement or can any recommend something else. I am looking for quality parts and are reluctant to compremize on noise level.

Regards
Frode

Hi again

and thanks for quick replies.

The BC560 is a PNP, why should I replace it with a NPN?

Regards
Frode

[quote author="frezen"]Hi again

and thanks for quick replies.

The BC560 is a PNP, why should I replace it with a NPN?

Regards
Frode[/quote]

Interesting question...
Do you also want to know why gear doesn't work when you insert batteries reversed ? :wink:

Kidding aside, for now think of it as the 'polarity' of transistors. And try to read about 'bipolar transistors', 'BJT', semiconductors in general etc.

Bye,

Peter

[quote author="frezen"]
I have problems locating the BC560 locally, I can get hold of BC557, is this ...... I am looking for quality parts and are reluctant to compremize on noise level...[/quote]

Hi,
BC560 is used here in the CS circuit in LED display. Almost any TUP will be good for this purpose.
The BJT's noise figure here isn't important.

Regards,
Milan

[quote author="moamps"][quote author="frezen"]
I have problems locating the BC560 locally, I can get hold of BC557, is this ...... I am looking for quality parts and are reluctant to compremize on noise level...[/quote]

Hi,
BC560 is used here in the CS circuit in LED display. Almost any TUP will be good for this purpose.
The BJT's noise figure here isn't important.
[/quote]

:oops: I was obviously mistaken, was just thinking of the signal-path, not the LED-circuit :oops:
Indeed, about any Si-PNP will be fine there.

Latest posts

Back