Green pix

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fum

Hey there,

I'm still puttin this together, but I did the front panel last night, so thought I share ( it's the bottom of the three pre's):

shinygreen.jpg

This is my first attempt using Lazertran transfer paper(mattas ssl comp is what put me over the edge to try it). The stuff is easy to work with, although I'd approach it a bit differently next time.

This could totally fit in a 1U, but I didn't have a deep enough case, so here I am :grin:

Still have to mount the leds on the panel, and then a fair bit of wiring the controls. I'll follow up with other pics when it's done

Regards

ju

Very Nice. I'm planning on making a 2 channel version pretty soon, so it's good to see some examples.

I'd like to here some more about the transfer material you used and how you did it too.

Matt

Fum,

Nice Job ! Your rack is filling nicely. Did you get a chance to listen to it yet? How does it sound compared to your other pres? Which pre is your favorite so far? How do you like your neve type pres?

What is next on your to do list ? I am working on my 312's, calrec and G9 all at once and the G9 will be finsihed maybe tonite. The other two are about 75% done just gotta wire em up.

One of these days we need to hook up.

Cheers,

Z

:wink: :guinness:

Hey FUM,

It looks great! Congratulations. I'm glad you felt inspired to try Lazertran and that my SSL could be of inspiration.

I'm not sure I mentioned it but if you use surgical spirits (I think it might be called 'Rubbing Alcohol' in the US) you can remove the the residue left after heating.

Like around the SB log, you can see a slight discoloration. Using alcohol and gentle rubbing back will remove this, leaving behind JUST the ink that has been fused to the metal, giving it a 'silk screen' finish.

Either way it look killer! Well done. Your rack is looking VERY impressive indeed!

Cheers

Matt

[quote author="Zee1usa"]Fum,

What is next on your to do list ?
[/quote]

Well, I still have to wire these up, but rounding out my mic pre rack will be a 4 channel quad eight pre, a 3 channel RCA BA71 pre, the hamptone tube pre ( still troubleshooting this one), and a pair of valley people transamps that are on the "we'll see how these sound" list. These are the pre's in the DIY category, anyway =)

And then there's the pending ShinyBox mic pre, which is to be tailored to the ribbon mics :twisted:

Regards

ju

Latest posts

Back