DI/Line mod for 9k pre?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mlewis

hope this isn't an obvious clanger but in my never ending quest to get more bang for my buck i was thinking of simple ways to add a DI and Line input to keith's 9k mic pre layout.

is there any reason we can't bypass the 1st gain stage and patch a signal into the circuit just after C84 and C68? this would remove all the coupling caps and make the gain range a bit more suitable. It also keeps the servos in the circuit for low DC offset.

the only problem i can see would be the input impedence. could we just switch in some different resistors at R78 and R114 to do the job? i suspect it cant just be as simple as that but it's shooting in the right direction, isn't it?

anybody got any ideas?

thanks

Mark.

wow... that was quick, thanks!

do you mean ground the neg. input of the second gain stage while using the method outlined above or grounding the neg. input at the front of the first stage and dispensing with the gain stage bypass idea?

anybody know if SSL do something similar or if they have separate DI/line circuits?

Latest posts

Back