What do you think of free SSL plugin?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya know, I've been working with Pro Tools 6.x under OSX for quite a while, and go back to 5.3.1 under OS 9.2.2 (I have a dual boot G4) when I need to record using a video card that only has drivers under OS9.

Anyway, my point is that I'm always shocked at how much faster, more fluid, and easier on the eyes version 5.3.1 is than the OSX version. I'd say stick with OS9 as long as you can.

I've using 6.9 on OS-X for a while now, and the few times I had to go back to OS9, 5.x I almost shot myself. Maybe I'm just used to the work flow in the new version, but at the moment I work way faster in the 6.x versions.

To answer the question, I just downloaded it a few days ago, I'll see if I like it when I find a use for it.

It's fun. I've heard some people complain that it's not full-bandwidth, but it's a model of an existing unit. Good for squishing a drum track when you have a copy on another track.

[quote author="synthetic"]It's fun. I've heard some people complain that it's not full-bandwidth, but it's a model of an existing unit. Good for squishing a drum track when you have a copy on another track.[/quote]
Yes, it's some kind of "nice-to-have" for use as a special effect.
I guess the whole thing was released to check for the marketing department, how much the name "SSL" is still popular.

Latest posts

Back