Looking for Dual transistor arrays 2C415 and 2C425 . . . .

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strangeandbouncy

Dear All,

I am looking for some traqnsistor arrays, nos 2C415 and 2C425. Dunno if they are NPN or PNP. Can find precious little on da web. Anyone shed any light on them? Any suitable substitures, even if they are not in an array?

Could be a VERY interesting project in the wings if I can only find some . . . . . . :green:

Kindest regards,

ANdyP

Samuel, Hi!

we-e-ll, first off, where can i get them? I can find precious little info on them other than that that they are dual transistor arrays from @1970. They were used in an unusual compressor/limiter made by a certain well-known studio/record label of the time, who at this time shall remain nameless, mainly for disc mastering. This particular compressor appears to be a staggeringly simple affair. I used to own a pair a while back, and although it used a MC1709GC(Yep!) in the signal path, sounded absolutley amazing. super smooth action, which I am sure would LOVe a gainbloak,2520, or whatever.. One of the arrays is connected across a resistor strapped across the input(to vary the resistance i guess(?). ) Sounds kinda like an optical(not surprisingly), but with totally predictable and switchable recovery times. These arrays are the only pieces missing in the jigsaw, and if I can get some, or something to do the same, a wonderful project might ensue . . . I would send you the schemo, but it is way too large for me to scan at work. They are drawn without "arrows" so I can't tell what they are. Also, one of them seems to be FOUR transistors, but I can't describe how they are connected with my ignorance of these matters! I will endevour to scan as soon as possible if anyone is interested.

ANy help would be very greatly appreciated indeed!

Samuel,

Just been searching, and those appear to be MUCH bigger animals!, and single transistors to boot. irc, they looked like to77 can, but it has been a good 7 years since I had one apart!

Regards,

ANdyP

This is all I can find on the web. It means nothing to me!

Part Number = 2C415
Description = Independent Transistor Array - Planar tech,unmatched
Manufacturer = Various
Number of Devices = 2
V(BR)CEO (V) = 35
P(D) Max.(W) Power Dissipation = 430m
h(FE) Min. Static Current Gain = 60
@I(C) (A) (Test Condition) = 10m
f(T) Min. (Hz) Transition Freq = 100M
Package = TO-77
Military = N

Part Number = 2C425
Description = Independent Transistor Array - Planar tech,unmatched
Manufacturer = Various
Number of Devices = 2
V(BR)CEO (V) = 60
P(D) Max.(W) Power Dissipation = 510m
h(FE) Min. Static Current Gain = 85
@I(C) (A) (Test Condition) = 10m
f(T) Min. (Hz) Transition Freq = 40M
Package = TO-77
Military = N

ANdyP

Well, at least they exist. I just came across two 2C415...

2c415.jpg

I found this page on Semelab's website..

http://www.semelab.co.uk/products/TO77_TO78_products.shtml

Worth a quick email to them.

strangeandbouncy said:
Dear All,

I am looking for some traqnsistor arrays, nos 2C415 and 2C425. Dunno if they are NPN or PNP. Can find precious little on da web. Anyone shed any light on them? Any suitable substitures, even if they are not in an array?

Could be a VERY interesting project in the wings if I can only find some . . . . . . :green:

Kindest regards,

ANdyP

Attachments

• 10714386_10152741247124277_5145355998954902686_o.jpg
    10714386_10152741247124277_5145355998954902686_o.jpg
    350.7 KB · Views: 41
Hi David,

Thanks, I did not have time to get back into them yet.  They work fine, but did not quite cal to spec.  Not sure if I had something set wrong or what.  Will give you a ring soon!

Mike

Back