klangfilm- info needed

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mich

hi,
ive got this good looking preamp to my hands,not shure about its intended use,schematic at(model KL V 024):

http://klangfilm.free.fr/index.php?lng=0&music=&type=0&frame=1&item=&title=&dir=&num=

can someone tell me something about these?
someone had any expirience with one of these?im building PS for it and
im thinking of feeding the filaments with 6.3V DC,what to do with this pot(R15)?just bypass it?

thanks

i thought it was something like that....thanks for clearing that up.

ive measured about 36 db of gain,(feeding it a sine of 0.050mV and measuring 3V on the out) so its not so much gain for a proper mic pre....i think...

the schematic says there is a 400R impedance on the input tx primaries,so maybe it could serve as a mic pre afterall ?

ill just disconect the primaries side that is hooked to ground and try to plave a mic....
ill post some pics later

Have you measured the freq resp?
Without looking at the schematic I bet it's not flat at all and boosts the hi freqs, because tape playback amps were built to compensate the tape's freq. resp.

freq resp is a bit terrible......
it VERY MUCH boosts the Hi freq.....and distortion is audible.

anyone with suggestion on how to aproach this?
i even dont really know how to drive it properly-can someone elaborate a bit on those tape machines and how they are used?

The distortion might derive from a too hot signal at the input.

what kind of signals is this pre waiting for?what output did those old tapes had?

there is one inductor with a couple of caps and a pot to boost the high freq.-ill take them out of the circuit.

thanks

Latest posts

Back