too much gain on my g1176 (i think)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

enthalpystudios

Anyone else have this?

I have transformers in and out, oep's on the out, on an mnats board, so its got the 1:2 for 6 extra db. But I think my issue is beyond that, because I just have tons of gain over here. Reason I'm not sure of all this is because i have a wf30 on the input.

Just wondering if anyone with say a lundahl or oep (1:1 is how the board wires them) has way too much gain....

I've checked and doublechecked my transformers, but they're hooked up correctly, even pass a 1 volt signal as pretty much 1 volt.

Anyway, I'm just confused, because the O-12 input originals were 1.6:1 or so (500:200), but I understand that's probably a different beast..... also, I have had people reply to my posts, cant remember who or where, but at least a couple times I've read that the input transformer should be a 2:1 stepdown.....

Anyway.... I just don't know whats what. I'm probably going to try wiring my wf30 as 500:200 first, just wanted to see if anyone knows whats up before I pull it out, probably saturday or something.

Sorry to blab so long,

Billy

edit: moved from black market to the lab, due to sleepless idiocy

enthalpystudios said:
Anyone else have this?

Hey, did you get to the bottom of this?

I have built a few of these (from MNATS rev J boards) and just the 4th one I'm finishing exhibits this characteristic.

More gain at the input, so that I'm only turning the input knob barely on, and getting too much level and additional noise floor with it.

Cheers.  Have posted there  .. but no response as yet..

(did i get the correct thread?)
http://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=646.msg806168#msg806168

Latest posts

Back