classic tube mic

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes, thats a new capsule with the rubber mount akg ser.nr.2072z0022. the other one with the plastic stand wouldnt fit. i cut some small slots in the outer plastic ring where i glued the rubber "arms" inside, than mounted the whole thing with the srew on top.

love your work man.
that suspension is genius.
beats my mechano BS all to hell andback.

you're gonna need a pimped out stand for that one

thanks ekadek!
do you have pics from that b&k capsule? i remember that i was bidding on one on ebay, but i didnt get it.
next thing i´ll do will also be a small diaphragm mic.
i tested some capsules here and did a (funky)sdc tube mic here

heres the bruel &kjoer type 4131. i only have this capsule. not the pencil preamp cathode follower type 2612-2613.
mic5bk.jpg

mic4bk.jpg

it's all made of stainless steel so i'm going to get a jeweller to lazer weld a couple of cute little ears so to mount onto some very 'fresh' amplifier.
she's an almost forty beauty- birthday 22.august.1966.
at .936 inch i guess that ones a ldc then?

Hey EKADEK

I have an exactly identical Bruel&Kjaer 4131 mic capsule.
[quote author="EKADEK"] i'm going to get a jeweller to lazer weld a couple of cute little ears so to mount onto some very 'fresh' amplifier.
[/quote]
Please don't do it, leave it as is and sell it to me. :grin:
I would like to make a pair of mics with this capsule for minimal, two mic recording for classical music.
I will post a pic with mine.

chrissugar

oo oo. these things must be rare as. its not for sale tho chrissugar. sorry.
another one will turn up eventually.
i've had this thing for several years.
that B&K is going to be my weirdest mic ever. (and i probably will get a toolmaker to create some kind of threaded piece to mount with)
i dont have a big mic arsenal and cant afford to buy u47 or anything real nice so this one might end up being my best mic until B fats turns up.

what are those flash extra bits?

ok, i decided that both of you send your capsules to me. i´ll post pictures when finished :razz:

meanwhile my mic is finished, but i did some major changes. first of all i got back to the ef86, which works much better in this application. less noise, more gain.
mic%2Bpsu.jpg

Latest posts

Back