ioaudiosample for rent --- hear your build

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ioaudio

i recently spend some time playing around with my mic & pre builds to record a small piece of music exclusively presented to the lab for further investigation. :cool:

this
is the unmastered mp3 filewhich i had to squeeze down to less than 2mb for upload.
i could additionally provide the 22mb wave file, if someone would kindly provide the required web space.

the idea is that i would like you to run this audio through your builds to let other people get an idea from the sound of of your device, whether it is a compressor, eq or line amp, clone or your own creation

so, plug in your boxes :grin: :sad: :shock: :? :cool:

just downloaded that demo.. and really like your fat track man.
i check with my puter bitch about the 20 meg tho.
cos/and i guess ... PLUS 20 meg times ... up to 20 masterd eqed & limited
& fexed up versions ... so that it might be some kind of reference. ?
or might we just kick some 2 meg files around for fun?
are we not all recording studio endowed?
:sam:

Nice idea !
Will think of anything relevant I could run, but I'm not feeling the most appropriate person for that, so will for now watch what's going to happen here first.

OT, just curious about what you're using for that fuzz-part. When it kicks in it also seems to have a hint of splashing spring-reverb, but I might ne hearing things that weren't actually there :wink:

Regards,

Peter

[quote author="clintrubber"]hint of splashing spring-reverb[/quote]

well, i think thats part of the mp3 conversion. i just listened to it again-the guitars sound very mp3-ish.
i think mp3s sound better when they are compressed before you convert them, thats why i would provide the original uncompressed, whereas the processed files could be uploaded as mp3.

haha, mp3 is the new surf plugin :grin:

i had listened intensely to massive' false flags on their site before i got the cd. i was somewhat dissapointed not to find a _that_ phaser on the ride / cymbals on the cd.. :razz:

cool track io

[quote author="EKADEK"]just downloaded that demo.. and really like your fat track man.
i check with my puter bitch about the 20 meg tho.
cos/and i guess ... PLUS 20 meg times ... up to 20 masterd eqed & limited
& fexed up versions ... so that it might be some kind of reference. ?
or might we just kick some 2 meg files around for fun?
are we not all recording studio endowed?
:sam:[/quote]

What?

here's some ioaudio sound out of my system. the mp3 thru my neveish 2 way eq/amp and then thru the dual fat lady ef83 limiters (barely touching)
then rendered back to mp3. oo oo and the track has a manual short delay added from my klark teknik time processor dn34.
http://www.ekadek.com/mp3/ioaudio1.mp3.

i understood what he meant... well, kind of :grin:

analag, would you do me a favour and run that track through your compressors?
the same goes to all the other buiders - go go go :sam: :sam: :sam:

ekadek,
i listened to your track again and it sounds quite phasy to me. must be the time processor, sounds a bit wired on headphones. could you try a mix without it?

sorry for wait. i've been busy with family.
ok ok so i like my phaser. sometimes it makes a mix sound so much more alive. it's probably not good audiofile practise and i dont care.
sometimes it sounds really good.
anyway ... i made another mp3 of your track that does'nt really need anything. no eq or fx. Just the ef83 limiter amp.
when is someone else gonna lay their balls on the block for good musical science eh?
http://www.ekadek.com/mp3/ioaudio2.mp3

EKADEK, the second files till sounds a bit odd to me.. there's something strange going on with the (melody) guitar, sounds like part of it has been double tracked badly, giving a hollow phasey sound. or maybe it's just me? (or your MP3 codec)

i ran the track (well, actaully a 10MB version io send me) through my BC180 FET comps with a 2C22 makeup amp. and smashed it to bits :green: don't have a proper FTP program to upload it i'm afraid, but i'll send it it to anyone who wants to listen

i love that track!

well, i can't be bothered with another FTP program and yousendit won't let me keep it up there for seven days (as they promise)

arggghh

128KB? i'd rather use one of these then:

EdisonPhonograph-r.jpg

Latest posts

Back