Wanted: Aphex 107 Mic Pre Schematic

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matta

Hey Guys,

Does anyone have the Aphex 107 Dual Channel Mic Pre Schematic? I've tried contacted Aphex RE the Schemo and Spare Parts and have still not heard back form them. Any help would be appreciated.

If you have the Schemo could you mail it to me at matt (@)matt-allison(.)com (Remove Brackets)

Thanks

Matt

What are you guys planning on doing with your 107's? We've got one kicking around the studio (was our first pre). We don't use it anymore, but I always wondered what to do with it...

--> freddie

[quote author="vocomotion"]What are you guys planning on doing with your 107's? We've got one kicking around the studio (was our first pre). We don't use it anymore, but I always wondered what to do with it...

--> freddie[/quote]

planning on wringing a slightly better sound out of them, for one.

i still like mine for certain things.

Put on a tube bypass switch ?

Last time i heard one it didn't sound so bad but then you need a variety of sources to reveal certain things sometimes , like a common vocal style
and higher level things like drums abd something with a higher average level ,

it's a clean basic circuit otherwise ?

regards Greg

I'd be curious to have a peek myself, should a schematic ever surface.

I actually mixed a record a few years ago of which pretty much everything was tracked through a 107 with a variety of dynamic and condenser mics, and it still sounds good when I listen to it today. I bet with a few tweaks that thing could be quite nice.

JC

Its an SSM-2210 matched transistor pair with 3906 current sources into a servo'd LF353. Then into another LF353 as a non-inverting buffer before the LPF. From there its thru a starved-plate (~50V) 12AT7 with a discrete sand-state impedance converter then unbalanced out.

There is a feedback path that gets adjusted to 0.15% at +10dBu.

I stuffed mine with BB 2134 and its clean. Nothing exciting really but not bad. Try different brands of tubes too. I think I put an old JAN GE in mine and it was a bit smoother maybe.

Its hard to send an email if you don't state your address... ya know?

Peace!

Back