Finally finished my RCA BA71 racking job

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jensenmann

After one year of fuzzing and fighting with all possible sources for hum I managed to finish my RCA BA71 Preamp:
normal_RCA2.JPG

Wiring is a bit messy (of corse - that´s how I am), PSUs are made on perfboard, frontpanel is by Schäffer.
Big thanks to Andre Brito and hitchhiker for the preamps, kubi for mental support, frank (nrgrecording) for frontpanel layout discussions and lending me his wurstpreamp files.
And again thanks to you all for the inspiration :wink:

normal_RCA1.JPG

:guinness: :green:

That Schaeffer gold looks nice. That's what I'm using for my shared-gain preamp :wink:

Just a shame it is so bloody expensive!

Anyway, looking good :thumb:

Beautiful!

[quote author="[silent:arts]"]the first 3 channel pre I have seen[/quote]
One more and you got a vintage 5.1 preamp system :thumb:

Errr, what about "the question"

How does it sound?

Do you want those V 72's racked, or just send modules?

Looks like you left in orig. caps.
Good boy!

Jeeezuzz, I forgot to mention and thank emrr who gave me some idea about modding them. I recapped them with rifa and panasonic FC caps, using polypropylene bypass caps for the coupling caps.

Soundwise? I´m going to do some listening tests on sunday with some forum members. We´re planning to host the files and post them over here so everybody can find out how things do sound. This will cover some of the noob questions, too like G9 with OEPs or Lundahls, G1176 with or without input iron,..... selfmade pres vs commercial products, whatever will happen, let´s wait and see.

[quote author="jensenmann"]Jeeezuzz, I forgot to mention and thank emrr who gave me some idea about modding them. [/quote]

Ah, this is you! Glad you got them done! My brain's not making the connection until now.

I wrote a bit about these amps history over here:

http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=2867&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

[quote author="emrr"]
I wrote a bit about these amps history over here:

http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=2867&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15[/quote]

Hi Doug,

I asked you a question about this over at the above listed link. Just so you know.

:grin:

T

Back