'X'- SSL- Another one finished

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oli Q

Hi guys,

Just finished my SSL Comp. I;ve been using it built into a shoebox for some time, as I couldn't find the time to make a proper case at first... took it to a session and it got so many comments I thought I'd build it into somethiong unusual and here is the result....

xssl.jpg

Still a slight hum issue, and I have to keep turning it on and off a few times before it passes any audio... but once its on it works fine and sounds sweet =)

Thanks to everyone on here who has contributed to this project and for helping me out =).

-------------------------------

www.myspace.com/mysteronsmusic

Naah, I don't like it. It's not rackable.

Studio gear must be boring looking, otherwise it's an eyesore in the rack.

I have a single LA-4 kicking about like that. You can't fix the bloody thing anywhere, and it keeps scratching whatever I put it on.

mkoz

Yeah, I get what your saying about rackmount units, but I dont have masses of gear and as it was my first DIY project I wanted something a bit unusual. I quite like having it sat next to the desk.

Got the hum problem fixed... justa case of connecting the transformer to the external point not the points for onboards transformer. Strangely most people seem to have connected their torioids in palce of the onborad trans in photos, which is why I did too....

Latest posts

Back