Green Mic Pre

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aharon

How many times should I thread (or how many turns) the wire around the EMI rejection ferrite beads on the Green Pre?.
Thanks for any help
Aharon

http://1176neve.tripod.com/1176/id10.html

I just used a bead with a piece of wire glued in it ....
Farnell have these.
you can probably see them in the pictures at the Green-Pre page. (make the most of those old pages cos they won't last for ever)
... but I have often just used a resistor leg OFF cut and then some Supa glue.

never thought about it before ... :roll:

Thanks for helping Kev. Ok,we'll glue the bead .I guess that means only put the wire through once no turns.
Thanks a million.
PS: by the way Kev,I find my way to your pages at least once a day,a must see for newbies.
Aharon

:roll:
:?

google ... kev green parts
=
http://recording.org/users/kev/green_parts.htm
or
http://recording.org/users/kev/parts_lists_general.htm

it's gotta help at least a little
I'm sure there are Mouser listes about as well

Kev.
you're scaring me with this ominous talk. Please let us (or at least me :cool: ) know if and when you'll be doing anything drastic like taking down your informative pages...
Take care-Joel

PS glue huh? Damn that's alot easier than when I was trying to get solder down into those ferrite holes :roll:

Joel

i'd like two. i can paypal when you get the account setup.
is the PS PCB idea still being thrown around? i'm still debating over what i'm going to do as far as phantom goes, too. outboard to multiple units or individual setups.
peter, you seem to be working your ass off, so i'd totally understand if it didn't interest you.
david

[quote author="Mbira"]Please let us (or at least me :cool: ) know if and when you'll be doing anything drastic like taking down your informative pages...[/quote]

that is exactly what I am saying

the old web pages can't last forever and they will go eventually
I'm not doing any maintenance on them as the name and place doesn't suit the original intent ...
...... and what little web writing time I have will go into the new place.
some of it will find it's way to the new place and re-written if I can find the time along with new stuff

[quote author="Kev"]
the old web pages can't last forever and they will go eventually
I'm not doing any maintenance on them as the name and place doesn't suit the original intent ...[/quote]
They will probably last rather longer than you might be aware, as the Wayback machine has them all safely stored - try clicking on the links on this page. Incidentally, it's sites like this that make the whole exercise of trying to 'hide' from unscrupulous profiteers rather harder to achieve than you might think it would be.

Where can I hear sound samples of this green mic pre and how does it compare to SeventhCircleAudio's DIY preamp kits? (www.seventhcircleaudio.com) Is there Green Mic Pre some kind of "neve clone variant?" :?:

the name and place doesn't suit the original intent ...

Are you talking about RO, or is something more upsetting to you about the present? :roll: Is that too personal? :green:

In any case, Kev, :guinness: for all your work and I have cached what I want to save...

Joel

[quote author="SmG"]They will probably last rather longer than you might be aware, as the Wayback machine has them all safely stored
Incidentally, it's sites like this that make the whole exercise of trying to 'hide' from unscrupulous profiteers rather harder to achieve than you might think it would be.[/quote]

ok
... just in case people haven't put two and two together yet.

It must be clear that Kev has everything he has ever posted and so much more.
More that half of the Group DIY site was never linked to any of the perminant pages and only linked to the TT forum ...
AND
so many of the pages were only ever linked to from my Group DIY updates. That was one of the benefits of being a Group DIY member ... twell that and the freebies and other give aways. :green:
we love our DIY.

Two of the biggest aims of Group DIY and Tech Talk was to:
ONE ... spread the DIY gospel. Jakob and I are completely as one on this and even though we haven't exchanged an email since ... err :roll: ...
TWO ... give and spread knowledge. Knowledge to DIY and the knowledge to understand what is inside the units we love so much. It also gives knowledge so you can wisely choose from the comercial boxes out there. A fair product for a fair price. I want to break the rip-offs and encourage the purchase of gear that is worthy. There is a Mic-pre that I unassamedly recomend ... but another thread for that.

I hope with some experience in DIY some of you guys will look at some commercial product and see the magic inside and make the purchase. There will also be some product that you flip the lid and say ...
" how much ... they must be kidding ... !"

[quote author="dejacky"]
Where can I hear sound samples of this green mic pre and how does it compare to SeventhCircleAudio's DIY preamp kits? (www.seventhcircleaudio.com) Is there Green Mic Pre some kind of "neve clone variant?" [/quote]

sorry
you don't get all the answers on these questions today :mad:

...do some research and you will find the Green-pre project is NOT a kit so that side of the question is irelavant ...
and as for
" .. Is the Green Mic Pre some kind of "neve clone variant?"

look at my general Mic-pre page and tell me what catagory these fit into and why ...

sorry
'tis a grumpy Kev today .... :shock:

sorry
you don't get all the answers on these questions today

...do some research and you will find the Green-pre project is NOT a kit so that side of the question is irelavant ...
and as for
" .. Is the Green Mic Pre some kind of "neve clone variant?"

look at my general Mic-pre page and tell me what catagory these fit into and why ...

sorry
'tis a grumpy Kev today ....
Hi Kev,
I'm a DIY newbie here and I only posted after checking the meta, your website, and other "green mic pre threads." But thanks for being COMPLETELY USELESS and EXTRANEOUS in your response. If I'm not seeing this info you speak of, a link or an answer to my ? would be appreciated.

No problem

I'm happy to be ....
COMPLETELY USELESS

If I'm not seeing this info you speak of, a link or an answer to my ? would be appreciated.

google
+
general Mic-pres
=
http://recording.org/users/kev/mic_pre_general.htm

I think you may find a link from the front page as well
http://recording.org/users/kev/

Back