Anybody know of this old Behringer AC Plug?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bitman

I Bought this little mixer at a yard sale this weekend for a yard sale price!
No adapter. I have not seen this on a Behringer. I guess I'm not old skool enough.

Sorry for the crappy picture, It's a Eurorack 802 board

And thanks to all who at least tried to id this for me.
:LSB

eurorack.jpg

Old? I think they use them on most of their stuff with external PSU's. Some kind of DIN-like screw on thingy

dude i think i have one and nothing for it to go to anymore. let me double check, i nee3d to find a pic of the top of the 802, as i'm almost postive mine was the same.

i took it apart to try and learn how a mixer worked. didnt help. but i saved that power supply!

i'll let you know when i dig it up.

billy

Hmmm. Maybe it's a regional thing I just bought 4 1202s for my headphone system and they all had lump in the line trannies with a nice plastic push in adapter plug. This Screw in DIN plug looks much more industral.

I'll contact Beh. - twas not looking forward to it but:

Thanks
:LSB

yeah, i mean, this is a wall wart with that exact plug. i am 95% sure its the same.

ok... checked... it's indeed from an 802a, indeed the same plug.... this is your man! whats your location? i'll sell it to you for the cost of shipping eh? got to get it outta here, along with about 100 lbs of other 'stuff' and a stack of 50 laserdiscs (anybody into laserdiscs?)

billy

Billy, Serious? Here is the picture of the top of the board.
p1010239.jpg

I have a paypal account. :grin:
I'm in Colorado.

PM me:
mail AT mtrecording DOT com

:Thanks

[quote author="enthalpystudios"] i'll sell it to you for the cost of shipping eh? billy[/quote]

yes, there it is again, the very special vibe of this forum :thumb:

thats the one

yeah, when i first found this forum i got lots of gusto one day and decided i'd take it apart to see "how a mixer worked"

about a year later i've got maybe 10% figured out. maybe just 5%, seeing as mixers have ramifications that extend far to end of the chain... need foresight like the godfather

;]

but yeah, i'll pm you about it.

billy

We call the MIC connectors here, and I use them in my Mic Pre racks. Great for locking tight and and being a NON standard to make sure you don't plug in the wrong power.

Bitman are you just looking for the female end connector? Where are you based? I can ship you one if you are stuck.

Cheers

Matt

They are NOT Tuchel plugs - which would be too expensive for this product.....!

They are just known as 'circular multipole connectors' and are available from most suppliers in the UK (and everyone presumably) - and as mentioned are available up to 8 way. They are 'unbranded' - but surely someone must make them!

You will need to feed something like 16 - 0 - 16 volts AC into it - which will enable 15 - 0 - 15 volts DC and +48 volts to be produced internally.

John

I've got an MX 802 in front of me that died recently. I'm considering trying to fix it just for the frustration. If yours is good.... great. If it's broke..... let me know if your going exploring. :?

That connector is probably a "Microphone Connector", a three-pin version of Farnell p.nr.: 1302772 - "WIRE PRO INC, 80MC2F"

Page 17 in:
http://www.wpi-interconnect.com/Resource%20Guide/WPI%20Resource%20Guide.pdf

(2mB pdf document catalouge)

Jakob E.

Mikka- crack that power supply open, I believe there are a couple fuses inside, that can be an easy fix. of course, check if it's putting any volts out first.

I still believe that it is a Tuchel as Wayne and I have stated.

B*hrenger didn't always go cheap on everything, only after years of learning that they could cheat people have they decided to go to the crap stuff.

Mikka- crack that power supply open, I believe there are a couple fuses inside, that can be an easy fix. of course, check if it's putting any volts out first.

Thanks Walter .......Nah..... not in mine. I'll pull the mixer apart in a few days and have a good look. It's bound to be a power issue of some sort....but an accessible fuse would have been luxurious. :green:

B*hrenger didn't always go cheap on everything, only after years of learning that they could cheat people have they decided to go to the crap stuff.

Bit harsh. We get what we pay for...... or in the case of DIY..... what we learn for. :thumb:

Back