DIY DUAL GERMANIUM MIC PRE-EQ BASED ON NEVE EARLY DESIGNS

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
leadbreath said:
You can also use all Germanium cards on the 1055 just swap out the B105's and replace with B101'S ( That's why I'm building them all on the small boards to swap them around and hear)

In the 1055 even if you swap B105 for B101 you still have some silicon left. LOLOLOLOL
BC107 transistor between Mic pre and EQ

But its nice for sure what you are doing, by changing the cards you can experiment and decide which one you like the most

;)

For what its worth i am very sure that my 1053 modules used the same B100, B104 and B105 cards as the other Neve germanium modules.
Where did you get the info that it used different cards?

API said:
For what its worth i am very sure that my 1053 modules used the same B100, B104 and B105 cards as the other Neve germanium modules.
Where did you get the info that it used different cards?

1053 used B100, B101 and B101/A cards I got an incomplete schematic from an ebay auction , B105 seems to be a later card.
I've heard about also an 1051 although I never seen a picture of it, maybe was similar also to the 1053.

schematic attached

Attachments

• 1053 channel amplifier.JPG
    1053 channel amplifier.JPG
    178.9 KB · Views: 128
I checked again and my 1053´s did indeed use the B105 card and not the B101.
I am very sure that these cards are interchangable in the circuit.
My 1057 module also used the B105 and i can clearly see on my 1057 schematic that someone have changed B101 to B105, so i would say that the replaced the B101 with the B105 pretty quickly.
Output was B104 in all the modules.

API said:
I checked again and my 1053´s did indeed use the B105 card and not the B101.
I am very sure that these cards are interchangable in the circuit.
My 1057 module also used the B105 and i can clearly see on my 1057 schematic that someone have changed B101 to B105, so i would say that the replaced the B101 with the B105 pretty quickly.
Output was B104 in all the modules.

Yes I guess you're completely right in that the cards B101 and B105 are interchangeable.

I'm alright with the cards, we already have in this thread the schematics for the Cards.
I would like to get the full 1053 schematic because the module circuit  is not exactly the same as other later modules,
for example 1053 uses ACY21(PNP) circuit and the 1055 uses BC107 (NPN).

I will keep trying to search for the module schematic, better would even the Neve fullpack of the 1053

Thank you API

And the 1057 and 1058 used a NKT216 (and a BC107 after the HP filter).

I think you are chasing ghosts at the moment, you have most of the schematic, and i cant think that the output section is that much different from the other modules.

No worries, I dont have any urgency in doing this.
Personally I'm more interested in doing an all germanium circuit if possible,  so I can wait until a 1053 full schematic is found.

Thanks

Hey Whoops

I agree with API, I reckon the output stage will be the same as the other modules i.e B104 Card with output Transformer and transistor. I wont be surprised if that configuration was used as a standard line out amp same as the BA283 .

leadbreath said:
Hey Whoops

I agree with API, I reckon the output stage will be the same as the other modules i.e B104 Card with output Transformer and transistor. I wont be surprised if that configuration was used as a standard line out amp same as the BA283 .

You and API are probably right, let's see.

Thanks

Hows your project going?

It's coming along, the schematic you provided has helped, I'm hoping to implement the Hi /lo stages on the 1055 and integrate the presence circuit from the 1053? Similar to the 1058?Don't know if its doable but will try.

My main issue right now is time as I've got a 2 year old whirlwind running  around smashing my house up and another 6 month old that likes to stay awake all night and sleep all day... :'( :eek:

leadbreath said:
My main issue right now is time as I've got a 2 year old whirlwind running  around smashing my house up and another 6 month old that likes to stay awake all night and sleep all day... :'( :eek:

Oh Yeah thats quite a big enough priority! Wish all good to your familly.

If at any point you need some help for your circuit let me know.

Regards

Just comparing schematics and it looks like I might be able to  implement the 1053 Presence circuit as mentioned.

I just need to find out what size inductor was used, does anybody out there know?

leadbreath said:
Just comparing schematics and it looks like I might be able to  implement the 1053 Presence circuit as mentioned.

I just need to find out what size inductor was used, does anybody out there know?

As we talked earlier the 1053 uses 101 and 101/A boards and not the 105 used in later models, starting at the 1055. So I guess the module circuit (the components that are mounted off the Bxxx boards) although similar will be different.
If you are using B105 boards for the EQ section probably is easier for you to try something like the 1057, 1058 or 1061 as we dont have yet a full schematic for the 1053.

I checked the info I could gather, unfortunately most of the schematics are not complete or easily readable.
As far as I can see the Carnhill VTB 9042 inductor is the one to use for the Presence part of the EQ:
Carnhill%20VTB%209042%20-%20Inductor.png

As here are pics with the inductor part of the schematic for different models

1053%20inductor.png

1057%20inductor.png

1058%20inductor.png

1061%20inductor.png

Pal, there's only one way to find out, build it and see if it burns!! ;)

Thanks for the info, could you post the rest of the schematics that you showed the presence circuits from?
Looks like you have quite the collection and the more info we have on here the better.

Much appreciated
Mick

The 1057 atleaat have the same midrange freq. as a 1066 so most likely the same inductor could be used.

And as i have said a few times now, all the 1053's i have owned used the B105 card.....

Yes I'm not trying to replicate any unit in particular, I'm using the 1055 schemo but the presence circuit is shite so I'll implement something more useful regardless of what unit its from.

I'll call mine the 105X? 8)

leadbreath said:
Pal, there's only one way to find out, build it and see if it burns!! ;)

Thanks for the info, could you post the rest of the schematics that you showed the presence circuits from?
Looks like you have quite the collection and the more info we have on here the better.

Much appreciated
Mick

There have been some server updates around here, somehow it was not assuming the pics links.
Now it's fine.

Latest posts

Back