dual power supply for g7 and mxl royer mod

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seavote

i'm currently working on a g7 microphone. while sourcing trannies for the power supply the salesman at lundahl sugested these:

http://dkc3.digikey.com/PDF/T063/1805.pdf

te62041 9v 1.112a and the
te62043 15v .666a
he told me they cost a little more but have enough amp to supply 2 g7's
and will supply more headroom when supplying only one mic.
what i'd like to do is power one g7 and in the same enclosure adapt the g7 psu pcb to power my next project an mxl 2001 royer mod.being new to electronics i need some confirmation that i'm on the right track. i'm thinking that there will be no trouble supplying two different power supplies with the same trannies as long as there is enough amperage for both. is this true?and will these transformers haver enough amperage for the task i'm asking of them?
i'm not sure how to split the leads coming from the transformer secondaries to get them to the two power supply pcb's. is their a special type of terminal block that has one lug that connects to two.(probably a very basic answer but something i've never worked with).
from the 5840 tube data it seems the 6.3 heater voltage would be fine. the 160v would be a problem however because the max voltage for the 5840 is 165.

http://www.nj7p.org/Tube4.php?tube=5840

in a post in the mic meta zebra50 writes that he has never gotten 160v from the g7 psu. the real number is more like 145v.my plan is to finish the g7. see what voltage im getting and then use an alternate value for
the power supply resistor( would that be the 10k resistor?)to lower voltage to 105v
i havent checked out the differences in the ef86 and 5840 but i'll have to make sure to alter the pin out accordingly. i plan on using a dual capsule for the royer so i'll include the 3 way switch.any help and suggestions is appreciated.
lets complicate things more... the heater supply to me looks like it
could easily handle a third mic .what about the hv supply?

yes i understand. i seem to recall you stating the final voltage when the supply reaches the tube on your mics in the metas but could 'nt find the post again. are you suggesting i can run the royer mod off the g7 psu without any modifications? that would make things very easy.

thanks. to bad i only ordered components to populate 1 psu pcb. mike could you tell me (mechanically) how you ran the two psu's off one set of transformers. i'm thinking i have to run the secondaries off the trannies to some type of splitter. i know how this would work but when purchasing the part what am i calling this "power splitter"?

i believe i misunderstood what you were telling me. i see on your web site you did adjust the b+ resistor to get 100v from the psu. what value did you settle? maybe i'll start with that value and adjust if necessary. the 1176 s look great!!

no problem ,i'll do my own experimenting. thanks for the schematic but that wont work for me. i'm working off an already made pcb. i guess it would be possible to drill an extra hole in the pcb and split the signal that way but maybe there is a better solution. could i split the 160 b+ and then add another voltage drop stage on one of the legs? would this be a good idea?

Latest posts

Back