Patch bay problems - What to do

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those pens are great until you get one of the fibre glass bits stuck in your finger. They suck big time when that happens.
Oh yes Rob, know what you mean :grin:
my fingers are like leather ! (fingerstyle bass mania !), and they still catch me every once in a while .

Steve :thumb:

Oh Dazmn, I've been spizotted! Let's see, what did I do with my paparatzzi glasses?

[quote author="jetboatguy"]

I was starting to chomp at the bit... until I read this !??

[quote author="http://velvettonestudios.com"]Patrick Olguin -

Engineering sessions for Wyclef Jean, Black Eyed Peas, E40, Papa Roach, Cake, Def Tones, Oleander, Steve Howe, Die Trying, Master P's West Coast Bad Boyz III, this Sacramento based engineer is both sexy and sassy. His girilish figure rivals some of the worlds top supermodels.

(limo service and yoga lessons may be required for projects exceeding 5,000 hours)[/quote]

:green:[/quote]

Hey Kid ! Whats up ?

Try one of these - they are wicked, I use 'em a fair bit in work, to clean up contacts etc.

RS FibrePen
Iteresting tool, anyone know where to get this product in the states? Nothing came up with the search engine. This would be a good item to have in the toolbox.
Plus I can clean my teeth once a month thus elliminating dentist visits. They don't give me bones any longer from the dinner table since Roger got married.

:green:

Code:
Oh Dazmn, I've been spizotted! Let's see, what did I do with my paparatzzi glasses?

Yup know what ya mean.....got the same problem every where I go chics just begging to be with me. Plus I constantly get these tiresome phone calls from Michael Jackson, Paul Mcartney.......

:guinness:

They are sold by Eastwood (.com) as a rust spot removing pen. Good for that, never get one anywhere close to a patchbay...as well as taking away metal they leave agressive fiberglass dust behind (very difficult to remove from your skin, eyes, and so on)
It's you choice, use the correct (and easily obtained) chemicals that restore the contacts, or get a quick result that will turn your system into garbage in the long term

I had all the patchbay cables cleaned ultrasonically and I am very glad I did. I took about (100) cables to a local jewler, one that I had made purchases fromn in the past. It was a fast twenty minute process, the results? very impressive.....cables almost look new again, zero labor involved and they did it for free.

I'll test it now and see if cleaning of the sockets will be needed......I would be surprised if they do. Thanks again for all the advise folks!

Ultrasonic cleaning A++++++++++++++

Very effective
Fast
Cheap
No labor

I use the " Patch Bay Cleaning Tools " , and l like them much.
They are 2 Bantam TT jacks, one to burnish and one to inject cleaning solvent ( I use Caig De-Oxit ) in the switching contacts. Very efficient.

I bought them a long time ago from a company Vertigo Recording Services, in Sherman Oaks. Owner was Charlie Bolois.

get a quick result that will turn your system into garbage in the long term

speak 4 yourself , I've had no probs with them on PLUGS etc, wouldn't use them on Sockets - thats why i got them ultrasonically cleaned. read the posts before trying to shoot someone down ............seems to be the thing at the mo,tho. :wink:

Steve :thumb:

Try one of these - they are wicked, I use 'em a fair bit in work, to clean up contacts etc.

RS FibrePen
UK - nice one fella

Thanks for sending the free pen and refills.

Man you guys need to check this tool out. I used it on my proto type bds.... made from MG chemicals, takes that green crap right off and leaves nice shiney copper, makes it great to solder too.

In addition, I'll never need tooth paste again.

Glad to be of help Rog,

they are also great for taking the crap layer ( varnish) off the back of pots,
1st class :wink:

Dave - NY blew my mind :grin: :thumb:

Steve :thumb: :guinness:

Latest posts

Back