Contribute to the Microphone Schematic Collection!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flatpicker

Microphone schematics are scattered all over the place here and are difficult to locate at best. This thread is my effort to remedy that problem.

I need 2 things:

1. Someone to host them - Several folks here have mentioned in the past that they have plenty of space to host drawings and such, so if you think you'll be around a while and want to do this, just let us know. I'd like to keep them off of sites with adds and other clutter. A plain FTP site will do just fine. Also, I don't expect it'll take a lot of space. Once the site is established, seavote will add a link to it in the new Microphone META.

2. Send your schematics to the host - Once the host is established, we need those who have schematics to send them to the host. This includes schematics already existing on the form. Remember, the goal is to put these all in one place for quick and easy access, so if you have or know of a schematic somewhere on the form (even if it's already in a META), send it to the host.

It would be nice if they were all in a standard format like a pdf file. Here is a link to PDF995 which is a "free" utility that installs itself as a printer. You just select it as the printer and print the drawing to a pdf file (it'll automatically create the pdf file when you print to it).

PDF995

However, this is just a suggestion - you don't have to convert them if you don't want to. I can download them, make the conversion, and send them back to the host.

In closing, I'm very open to any other ideas or methods for doing this, so all input is welcome. Also, I'd like to thank all contributors in advance for helping out with this!

I think I have a bunch of Neumann, Sony, AKG, and other schems that I could contribute.

Don't have the mics themselves, unfortunately, just the schems.

:razz:

I can't host, but I'm happy to contribute when a host is identified.

JC

I've collected quite some mic schematics in the past.

I would be happy to contribute !

Don't have any hosting though...

-arno

I would be happy to host, I have a fair amount of space just going to waste these days.

If that sounds good to all, you can email schematics to adam at hoodmusic.net. I would prefer to receive them in a standard graphics format like gif or jpeg, it makes them easier to optimize for the web that way. I can post them in what ever format from there.

So decide if you want me to host and decide on end file format and start emailing.

adam

So far I have recieved;

u47
u47n
C414B-ULS
C535EB
ECM8000
Audix 420
C451E
C800G
MK218
C414B
C451EB
SE2000

If you have any others and want to contribute feel free to email away.

No need to convert them, As long as they are in anything photoshop can read. Just dont go and convert a nice big jpeg to a PDF to send it to me, if they are already PDF they can stay that way for the time being.

adam

adam

Some non-commercial designs have now been contributed by the Yahoo Mic Builders group, or is it from someone in the Yahoo mic builders. Keep them coming, its not much of an archive yet.

adam

AKG Solid Tube
C414B-TL
C422
Neumann KM83
KM84
KM85
KM86
u89
Sennheiser MKH-401
MKH-405
MKH-435
Sony C37
C38a
C38b
Oktava MC-012
MK-319
MXL V67
Schoeps Fet mic

Keep them coming, I am sick so I have nothing better to do then sit about converting images and making websites.

adam

http://www.sdiy.org/oid/mics.html

There it is, about three dozen mics so far and I threw on some condenser and ribbon motor building infos.

adam

Ever heard of the "Capps" mic? I coulda sworn I saw something related to that in my archives.

I remember having that one stored away somewhere as well, but I could not find it anywhere. I thought I had it shared on my server and listed in the old Mic Meta, but it is no where to be seen. All those hours of cleaning and sorting all my schematics and back them up onto cd, and I lose the cd.

There's also the "Church" mic but I think that's been covered here before.

I have a schematic of that one, but it is hardly readable.

Another original schematic has been donated by zapnspark, a phantom power tube mic and the Bantam Velocity Mic article link has been fixed.

adam

I just sent you most everything I have (I'm sorry.... it might take awhile to download :oops: ).

I have some of the things you've already listed, but I've seen multiple copies of the same drawings in various states of readable and not, so I went ahead and included them anyway. I hope this doesn't ruin your day.

Also, lots of exploded views drawings too, so that should be helpful to some folks.

Also, I think I actually have a readable version of the 'Church' mic drawing somewhere, so I'll hunt that down and send it too if I find it.

Thanks again!!

JC

Thanks for the contribution, I just finished putting up another dozen AKG and Neumann schematics I just got along with some more readable copies of other schematics. They just keep coming in.

on to your files now.

adam

A bunch of AKG Service Manuals have been added along with Sony ones as well, thanks to JC for these. Great Drawing of the cases on this one.

By the way, I am not the only one who uses this webserver, so be kind and dont just download the entire site. The site is not going anywhere and will be there for the foreseeable future.

adam

I thought I'd seen that Bantam Velocity article before. But that fact that I didn't remember scanning and posting it is a little bothersome to me.

http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=55214

(Then again, it has been over two years).

I worked out the operating voltages for the church using information on the print I will look for my notes

I don't care what any guru thinks the church circuit looks interesting. The higher voltage and then using a nice transformer.

Latest posts

Back