Didrik DeGeer microphone

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gus

I have read on the web that a person named Didrik DeGeer makes a microphone. Does anyone know about this. I ask because one of the things I read is it uses a ck12vr capsule?

I believe this microphone sells for $10,000 and is limited in supply.

This months Mix has an article about recording vocals and 'what's his name' used one. Must be nice to have that kind of bread to spend. He said it was around 15k US not 10K. I think he also said there are only 25 of them in the world today.

Hi Gus,

Here's a picture I picked up somewhere - pretty cute, isn't it? I don't know anything else about them.

DeGeermic.jpg

Never heard of this mic, but... Holy Jeebus! That has got to be the most beautiful microphone I've ever seen! Looks like it belongs in a cruise ship from the '20's or something.

I love it!

Peace,
Al.

What's great about these mics? The condenser or the electronics?

And can music fans that listen to MP3s discern the difference?

[quote author="owel"]What's great about these mics? The condenser or the electronics?

And can music fans that listen to MP3s discern the difference?[/quote]

I dont know about these mics, but one thing I do know is..the music fans are NOT the ones you ..as an engineer would be trying to make happy in a studio. The >Client is always the most importand person ymmv

Kind regards

Peter

From what I have read it uses the ck12vr. This is one of the teflon newer AKG capsules IIRC, like some people have used in the G7. I need to buy one to check it out. I have a MBHO ck12 type with the brass rings and screws I like alot, it is mounted in the square microphone now.

I wonder if some of the bad press about the new post 1982 CK12 teflon capsule is do more to the electronics?

I don't have a brass C12 to compare it with but I have no complaints with my teflon-G7s. I recall that Jakob liked them too so maybe it is just bad press / electronics.

Scores some old germann Reissmann tube mics which need rebuilding/redesigning . I'll post some pictures and tout for ideas soon.

Steewart

I did not want to lift the pic from another website, so scroll down to pics:

http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:G636_bG9kxsJ:www.musicplayer.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php%3Fubb%3Dget_topic%3Bf%3D3%3Bt%3D006849+Didrik+DeGeer+microphones&hl=en

It seems he uses two cords--one for PSU, and another for signal--smart idea.

[quote author="Marik"]It seems he uses two cords--one for PSU, and another for signal--smart idea.[/quote]

Somebody at that other forum said

I don't believe that the second cable is for power. No, this is one of the new hybrid microphones. It uses one audio cable which routes to the mic pre. The other cable connects directly to AutoTune.

Call me a geek, but that's the funniest joke I've heard in a while! :green:

LMAO,
Al.

I use separate cables for audio and PSU for my Neumann UM57s and CMV563s for more than 10 years.
In the tube mic that I intend to build, I will do the same thing.

chrissugar

wine always helps DIY!

Actually, the copper I use in my mics came from stellar synthesis and the fomation of the planet earth - and is actually at least 4600 million years old!

:green:

Good one 4.6 billon years old Cu!

The square microphone uses two connectors,I believe tha manleys do as well

Has anyone in the USA been able to buy just the ck12vr capsule?

The grill looks restrictive to me.

I do like how the capsule is mounted inside the grill very open looking inside the grill. maybe the grill is like that because it looks like the electronics might start right under the capsule.

Has anyone in the USA been able to buy just the ck12vr capsule?

I tried. I was informed pretty firmly that they will only install them in a repair with the old capsule present. Then I tried a friend who is an authorized AKG dealer and he said they wouldn't sell them to him. I must say the logic eludes me - do they think that not selling the capsule is A) going to increase mic sales, or B) prevent reverse engineering?

Sound pretty unlikely to me.

Latest posts

Back