Green Pre finished(what's the best way to test if working)?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aharon

The pre is finished,can I plug it to the mic input of the mixer keeping the gain low,or is there a better way?.
Right now the only thing I have at home is a Bheringer Eurorack MX802A.
Thanks
Aharon :oops: :?:

Sure, just plug it in to your mixer with some head phones to see if it works.

if you record to hard disk with your computer plug the pre directly into your sound card.... :grin:

Aharon, you can test it with a line input, if necessary. If the gain switch is not connected there will be little or no gain, so you can use a line in.

Depending on you headphones, you can plug them directly into the output of the pre for testing. Obviously the left & right will be out of phase, but the sound is actually very clear if all is ok.

Peter

Thanks peterc!!!
I ended up adding a 1/4 in jack option for unballanced and tested it connecting to the returns.
Very clear and noiseless,just a little hiss at full gain,electron noise I guess(lol).
I will add a phase sw and the phantom when I install it in the rack enclosure,just left the trim in the middle,don't have how to adjust it.
Here's the picture,again not the best(I know I have a macro on the thing but never read the manual).
Very happy with the results and this was a warm-up for the big guys comming next like the ssl and the calrec.
Thanks to all again.
Aharon :green:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/liv_energy/detail?.dir=/5919&.dnm=7cd3.jpg

Latest posts

Back