Just a thought...how about some Single Ended Gain modules

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In case I wasn't clear the pole in the PS (390 ohm and 100uF) is not capable of causing more than a small change in gain/response (27k/27.39k). That frequency response plot is inconsistent with my expectation for that circuit.

Upon reflection I notice the latter schematic/plot has a few circuit changes. The PS pole in it will cause a larger gain change (18k/21.6k) but at a roughly decade lower pole frequency.

The simple explanation (for me) is to question the SIM since I don't see a pole in the primary path and PS interaction is small and/or very low frequency.

Feel free to challenge my analysis, it is just speculation, but please do more than just say my meat SIM is wrong. Are you suggesting the earlier plot is correct with -3dB @ 10 Hz? The 4Hz pole at the 100uF doesn't line up with response plot in magnitude or frequency.

JR

In a quickie sim I found that 27k was way high for the drain load. 5k worked about right. And the 5210 was getting quite warm. My response was showing little LF rolloff compared to the published plot.

SSEGM-2.gif

Latest posts

Back