An Idea Concerning DIY Guitar Effects

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XaiuM

Hopefully this is relevent to this board, but I've been toying with the idea of making a guitar with tons of on-board effects much like Muse's Matt Bellamy. He has his guitars custom built, and you can see somewhat of what I'm talking about on his guitar maker's (Manson's) website.( http://www.mansonguitars.co.uk/Muse/muse_guitar_1.htm ) I don't really want to mess with woodworking, so I figure maybe I'd buy one with the intent of putting multiple DIY effects in it like. This sound interesting to anyone? If you look at the first picture, the copperish area I think is a thermoyne (sp?) wah. I was thinking it would be really neat to have my own like this, but made from DIY effects.

In addition to this group also look up aaron's stombox forum which is more or less dedicated to DIY guitar effects, lots of great folks over there too.

dave

i know Muse but i don't know the electronotricks Matt can pull out of his axe, other than what he plays of course...

you know more about that guitar?

tdB

Latest posts

Back