sontec 1 RU build thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have soldered 7k5 resistors on the backside, how much boost/ cut will result from this value?

and i plan to add an 6/ off / 12 db switch to it, so if i don't want to desolder all the 7k5 resistors, which values should i use for r18-r22?

SKJGProject said:
i have soldered 7k5 resistors on the backside, how much boost/ cut will result from this value?

and i plan to add an 6/ off / 12 db switch to it, so if i don't want to desolder all the 7k5 resistors, which values should i use for r18-r22?

Start from reply#47

Any one happen to have any of Igor's sontec Red boards around? I was really keen on building one of these but it looks like he's shut up shop and no prospect of getting my hands on any

I have a complete unit that will be ready for sale soon once a few more parts arrive (and elma knobs).

Let me know if you're interested.

"Any one happen to have any of Igor's sontec Red boards around? I was really keen on building one of these but it looks like he's shut up shop and no prospect of getting my hands on any"

me too!! even though i dont really care what colour the pcb's are...

Hi everyone!

Does any one have a "RED sontec stereo PCB" to sell for me? Or only the filter boards?

I bought the "Sontec/MS/hardware bypass/power supply upgrade board" but I didn't buy the "RED Sontec Stereo PCB Set"... The Igor's store is close now...
I can't finish my Sontec EQ...  :'(

Thanks,
ScreameR

I intended to sell RED Sontec EQ accessories, the following is my list:

1. RED Sontec Stereo PCB

2. Collective Cases

3. Neutrik XLR (NC3FAH1 x2/ NC3MAH x2)

4. Switch Toggle 2PDT RA PCB x2

5. 5K Lin POTSW x6 / 5K Lin 5K Lin CTPOT

Current disposal value: $ 387 USD (Not calculate the shipping)

Attachments

• Sontec EQ J.jpg
    Sontec EQ J.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 223
Hello everybody!
It's been almost a year since I've finished my EQ and I have never been able to make it work correct. One of the channels has noise. The resistance in the output of one of the channels is 80.7 Ohm and the other 77,8 Ohm. Which is the correct value?
Also when I engage one of the channels I have a pop and one the other not. What is normal?
Please help...Thanks a lot.

Hi,

I would like to know if anyone has the documents to make this EQ?
Documents page 1 are not downloadable ...

Thank you!

there  is  documentation at the beginning of the the thread. The files are all there. Schematics layouts etc etc.

I have jus built myself the sontec from scratch using igor's layout as a guide . had the pcbs made for me and ...viola

This an amazing smooth eq.

Built stepped volume controls cos these need to be centre tapped and 50k lin centre taps don't really exist anymore....not without placing a large order etc etc.

I however do get some resonance when the Q 5k controls are sett to peak. Not sure why this should be inducing noise . When the Q is set to 2 octaves plus there is no noise.

But yeah what a great shelf and tight bass.....

Hi!
Does anyone have the sontec_red.rar file.  Need to look at the schematic etc.

Thanks!

I'm changing out the chips on the I/O board to discrete op amps (APP992), and the mill-max sockets I bought are too large on the solder end. Would anyone happen to have a mouser part number for the correct size?

Thanks,
Paul

Latest posts

Back