AKG C60 output transformer???

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dukasound

One frined send me message about missing PSU with output transformer for his AKG C60:

I have not any PSU for C60.I just own few C60`s without PSU`s and cables.
I have only schematic and information:I need microphone output transformer to put in custom PSU which I am planning to assemble.
If somebody have source-address where I can find 3147/V4895 transformer it is the point.
Any possible alternate replacement from other brands like Lundahl,
Jensen,Sowter...is welcome too.
In a name of him thanks
Duka

[quote author="Rob Flinn"]I built one for my c60 with a sowter transformer, but can`t remember th part number without taking it to bits, which I don`t have time to do right now. Brian recommended one from his range.[/quote]

Thanks Rob. I suppose it would be 2:1 to 4:1 ratio because C80 have cathode follower circuit.
If you can check number of Sowter? Did you satisfied with sound?
Best
Duka

Hi Duka

It was an 8940a.

He also does a special mains transformer for this PSU that is not on the website part no. 0187s. When I enquired about the audio transformer for the PSU he happened to mention that he`d done this for someone before. Unfortunately the mains transformer is quite expensive from memory

[quote author="Rob Flinn"]Hi Duka

It was an 8940a.

He also does a special mains transformer for this PSU that is not on the website part no. 0187s. When I enquired about the audio transformer for the PSU he happened to mention that he`d done this for someone before. Unfortunately the mains transformer is quite expensive from memory[/quote]
Thanks Rob
Duka

Latest posts

Back