measuring pitch for terminal block

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phantom power

Is the pitch just the space between pins?

Can this just be measured with my caliper?

If not, how do you figure out what to get?

Thanks

-AE

Is this for the Fetboy?
Those are called Eurostyle pcb terminal blocks in the Mouser catalog
#538-39880-0302 or
#538-39880-0303
Seems most of the stuff you'll find around here uses either the 5.08mm eurostyle or the .100" KK series Molex stuff.

jrfred,

You're quick!  I am looking for these for the fetboy, but I really want to start using them on more projects.

What exactly is the pitch?  How do you know what to look for?

Also, the only difference between the 2 part #s you listed (thank you for those) is the # of circuits.  One of them has 2 and the other has 3.  The picture shows that both accept 3 wires (they look identical), so I'm assuming that that's not what they're referring to by "circuits". 

So, once again, for both the fetboy and future projects, how do I know what to look for?

Thanks so much for walking me through some of this.  Your help is much appreciated.

-AE

Each terminal is its own circuit since they are not touching each other. So if you need to connect 3 wires that would be 3 circuits where as 2 wires would be 2 circuits. I wouldn't really consider these circuits...... but if thats what they want to call them......well.....

Make a few Mouser and Digikey orders and they will start sending you catalogs to flip through and look at the pictures. I think you could just request one online or call them. I haven't been hanging around here too long, so believe me I have unknowingly bought my fair share completely off the wall useless parts. I think thats part of the learning curve. Your spare parts bin will keep growing until you get the hang of ordering stuff. They will take back any unused items without any hassle if you end up with a bunch of expensive parts you have no use for.

Back