4 channel geen mic pre is coming....

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent work...

But polarity on the back? Yipes. What happens when you don;t have rear-rack access?

Didn't GMass. do this on one of his designs?

Shane

thanks everyone :oops:

categoty 5,i think you are right on the polarity switches ,but i didnt want to run wires back and forward across the case...or maybe i was just lazy..

the knobs are waiting, cause im in search of some nice ones to fit nicely and elegantly on this preamp.. (and they are hard to find here in madrid) :wink:

now comes the labeling...
if someone wants to advise..

thanks again for the feedback,and for all of you who is steping in to help when a newbi asks some questions..

Hey Mich

Looking good.

categoty 5,i think you are right on the polarity switches ,but i didnt want to run wires back and forward across the case...or maybe i was just lazy..

Thats the very reason I continued the design to try & provide a single board mic pre. All the extra wires are a pain in the butt. :evil:

Peter

peter,
i saw u have another design of the pre (with led meter)-but i didnt know where to get it from...anyway great sounding pre that u made!
thanks for this project.

kat,
if u can find the single board for the quad green-go for it!
and the parts are mostly from "conectrol s.l" (en la calle jorje juan 58)
good luck!

[quote author="mich"]thanks everyone :oops:

..[/quote]

Naargh...Dont worry..you are among the greats...!!! George Massenburg placed the phantom power switch on the back of his preamps.. :shock:.. :grin:

Kind regards

Peter

This looks like a VERY NICELY DONE PROJECT!!! Way to go! :thumb:

I had a couple of questions for you, if you don't mind.

Did you use Peter's premade PCBs for this project?
What power transformer are you using (is it really high quality)?

Thanks!

peter,
i saw u have another design of the pre (with led meter)-but i didnt know where to get it from...anyway great sounding pre that u made!
thanks for this project.

This is the latest design for which I have been selling PCB's. However if you email me I'll send you the layouts.

peterc(at)onwe(dot)co(dot)za

Peter

the power transformer is 20v+20v at 1A, i dont think its speacial in anyway....

and the 4 pcb's i made with press & peel and the layouts at peter's site.

:thumb:

Back