Audio and Design F760

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mata_haze

I have had enough of these units on my bench over the past 6 months to say that the compressor element sound pretty good...
is anyone up to get a CLONING process started?
I have no experience on this but i can provide schematics and other things...

Best,
Mattia.

Prototype PCB will be here next week....

Did it as a simple rectangular PCB with the comp/lim/exp/gate on one PCB.... but for now with hand wired switches..... once I am satisfied it works OK I'll add the Carnhill transformers in/out to check the improvement.... then re-do it with PCB mount everything.

Bought a unit off ebay to compare it with as well .... and have someone locally who is very familiar with the sound of the originals.

I think I have this one pretty well covered.

Colin

Wooot, i really like those adr compressors. I've got one of their broadcast oriented compressor and heard their channel strip compressor. Nice and crunchy when put through it's paces. love it on drums.

Love to see the prototype pcb !!

greetings,

Thomas

I have the original 3U version of the F760X-RS, which has the Octal Gardeners transformers, that A&D specify.

One channel sounds great, & the other sounds bad.  I wish i could find some calibration info for it.  I have the manual for the 2U version, which everyone thinks is the same as the 2u version, but the boards have more presets on them.  It is also difficult to calibrate without extender cards because the cards sit upright.

This isn't the first time I've asked, but, does anyone know how to calibrate these things ??   
A few years back I even spoke to Ian Harley at A&D who designed the thing, & he couldn't remember much about it !!

Hi,
I´ve got the Compex Limiter F760X-RS. Would like to contribute about 12 megs of technical notes, calibration procedure, etc. Can I send it to someone via mail?
regards
Bernd

Rob Flinn said:
Quote from: bernbrue on Today at 05:17:07 am
Well,
here is all we need.
http://www.diyfactory.com/data/stevejones.htm
regards
Bernd

All you need maybe !!  After 6 years I'm stil trying to find the info on my unit.      Mata Haze is there anything on it at your place  Huh

no really...what I have is what's available on this website ->http://www.diyfactory.com/data/stevejones.htm<-
:-\

Mattia,
I would like to add transformers for my Compex. It´s the same as shown in the pictures above. Do I need simple 1:1 trannies for input and output?
regards
Bernd

@ colin:  did you design a new pcb from the schematic? or did you copy the original pcb?

I'm still working on a diy ADR F600 limiter, I have pcbs from 3 different units, but no one is according 100% to the original schematic...
there are missing some parts, or components have different values, different transistor types... 

regarding the f760  you also find a lot of info in the    scamp_760.pdf  (analogrules.com)

Latest posts

Back