2254C build/support thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kambo said:
can you see then "link" on control pcb ... you just put a switch to that, and connect to second unit...
when they short, its stereo... when they are no-short dual mono

EDIT : hope you matched your diodes an both units...

I am a bit confused with wiring up the Stereo/Dual Mono switch. I noticed there is a "Link" on the control PCB and a "LNK" on the mainboards too? - I am not sure if both of these are supposed to be connected to the switch?

The way I understand the quote above is depicted by "B" in my diagram - which is the correct way to wire this? A or B or Neither - Any help will be much appreciated!

Attachments

• Stereo-Wiring.png
    Stereo-Wiring.png
    19 KB · Views: 79
dacapitan said:
kambo said:
can you see then "link" on control pcb ... you just put a switch to that, and connect to second unit...

I am a bit confused with wiring up the Stereo/Dual Mono switch. I noticed there is a "Link" on the control PCB and a "LNK" on the mainboards too? - I am not sure if both of these are supposed to be connected to the switch?

The way I understand the quote above is depicted by "B" in my diagram - which is the correct way to wire this? A or B or Neither - Any help will be much appreciated!
I believe your b drawing is correct. To pull a quote from Reanimator's build docs: "can you see then "link" on control pcb ... you just put a switch to that, and connect to second unit...
when they short, its stereo... when they are no-short dual mono."

Cheers

duantro said:
dacapitan said:
kambo said:

I believe your b drawing is correct. To pull a quote from Reanimator's build docs: "can you see then "link" on control pcb ... you just put a switch to that, and connect to second unit...
when they short, its stereo... when they are no-short dual mono."

Cheers

Hi Duantro,

Thanks for getting back to me on this - much appreciated! Sure, I read that in the build docs too - Just wasn't sure about the "LNK" on the main board. Thanks, I'll just use a SPDT switch to the control PCB then - thank you! :)

Hi guys.
I have been building my 2254c, left channel works fine, the right one saturates a lot, I have to pull down the input saturation a lot to have a clear signal.

It seems the signal saturates at the b183.112 step, as I've tested by reinjecting the signal into the working channel at different steps.
So I've checked all components for this part of the amp, changed the transistors to new ones, it hasn"t changed anything. I've checked all resistors, the soldering...

Now about the voltages, I get 20Volts after R28 on this defect channel whereas I get around 7.5V on the channel that works... On the working channel R28 gets hot but well the channel seems to work properly...
I feel like I've tested everything and not found the solution.

Anyone has advices or voltage references I shoud get at the B183.112 part? I really don't wont to pay a local tech, but feel like I've spent hours on this problem already, any advice is welcome :)

Thanks
JC

Can someone upload this again?

The build manual from Reanimatorstudio

The link is not working on the first page.

Thanks!

prescott said:
Can someone upload this again?

The build manual from Reanimatorstudio

The link is not working on the first page.

Thanks!
PM or email me your email address and I'll send it over.

duantro said:
PM or email me your email address and I'll send it over.
.....long time ago he start a trhead about ....
but if i'm not wrong no much helps about....
;D

personally i'll go with this one
https://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=62712.120
much recent , nice support , full help documentation ,

a so much better 2254  project (i.m.h.o.)  :)

ps:
..another "Igor" ?
hmmm.......  ::)

Just thought I'd post another finished build.  Sounds fantastic.  I bought the ancient L0116a output transformers from Dan Alexander about 13 years ago. 

Attachments

• fresh build - Copy.JPG
    fresh build - Copy.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 154
Hi Guys
I'm trying to calibrate the beast .....
I'm stuck at that level :
"With the compressor switched in adjust GAIN trimmer to get unity gain."
I can't get unity gain .....  I'm -4.5dBs Under that what should I do ?

EDIT : Seems the problem is on 1 Channel ....

Ok , still need some help on the calibration process
if someone can help ... :)
on my second channel I get -20dB on the XLR
but do I have to turn RV3 Till I get 0 on the VU meter ? 

JayDeeP said:
Just thought I'd post another finished build.  Sounds fantastic.  I bought the ancient L0116a output transformers from Dan Alexander about 13 years ago.

…..That Neotek looks so nice  ;)
cheers
ps
what carnhill in the "mid" stage?

Hi, does anyone have all Infos collected  like Pics, Schematics, Gerbers or Silkscreens, fpd.......of this work from Igor? It would be great. The most links are dead.
Thanks Herbert
herbert.rendl77 (at) gmail.com

Hi,

I have built this unit a few years ago and have a folder with pictures and documents. Please send me a PM with your email address and I can send the folder over.

Back