Cello P603

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrissugar

Hi all

I'm looking for some documentation (schematics, service notes, detailed pics, anything ) for the very rare Cello Audio Suite, P603 tape replay module.
Thanks in advance

chrissugar

I once spent a bunch of effort trying to track these down. After speaking to tech departments at places that bought them I came to the conclusion that none were ever generated. If you wanted it fixed it had to be done by Cello. That's why they were tossed out the back door.

I have a set. I have no idea whether they work. I have no PSU. I wasn't even able to figure out how to remove the modules from the frame. The power terminals are labeled by color. Brilliant.

If you gather any information on it I'd like to know. I'd like to see if my set works. They sure are pretty. Reviews seem to be mixed from those who have used them. Some prefer the stock Studer electronics.

Hi Paul

This is interesting information. Never talked to anyone who actually own this module.
Please can you take a couple of high resolution photos of your modules for me please?
If you ever give up on them and interested to sell or exchange them for something please give me a chime.

I'm very much into tape machine research for some years and trying to gather as much information about different solutions as I can. Realistically speaking I know that it is a waste of time to spend so much time and energy on a dead format but I try to understand how and why specific solutions were applied and their sonic results. I gathered already over 9 gigabyte of data dedicated only for tape machines (service manuals, schematics, photos, white papers, etc) so any help is welcome.
Thank you

chrissugar

Latest posts

Back