GSL - hp filter in sidechain

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisA

nothing on the Meta about it and I just did a search and couldn't find anything...??? ....I remember this being discussed at length, but maybe it was on the other board...

I was curious about the "thrust" feature in the api 2500 and a whole thread followed about possible ways to implement something similar into the ssl...

any leads?...If not, how about we start a new thread about this.

thanks.

chris

I'm sure we have discussed the HPF thingy somewhere around here. It's all about adding two small polyester caps in series with the sidechain summing resistors. You do the math.

Jakob E.

I looked around but can't find the thread...would be gret to have some more info about values of the caps, how they effect the cut-off frequency, etc...

[quote author="gyraf"]I'm sure we have discussed the HPF thingy somewhere around here. It's all about adding two small polyester caps in series with the sidechain summing resistors. You do the math.

Jakob E.[/quote]

OK, been thinking about this. Since these caps go in series with the 47k sidechain summing resistors AND the resistors are connected directly to the input signal (post buffer); aren't we going to roll off the input signal that we would like to keep full range? Or is it ok because we are working into the hi input impedance of the VCA?

Ian

Hi,
Steffen had done a HPF in the sidechain.
Here´s his little schematic...:

ssslsidechain.gif

[quote author="Leslie West"]Hi,
Steffen had done a HPF in the sidechain.
Here´s his little schematic...:

ssslsidechain.gif
[/quote]
Hi do you happen to know what i must connect the "input buffers" to and the "to control amp" on the pcb?

Back