computer question. mac intel laptop os 10.4.11 and the internet

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pucho812

Is there anyone else on here with the similar setup experiencing the following minor issue

when I run firefox or safari both will freeze when going to sites that have flash. It's not 100% all the time they will free but most of the time. I have tried installing the latest flash player and so forth but that didn't fix the issue. I even went as far as to uninstall flash and start over with it but still doesn't work. I wouldn't care except when I check out bands via myspace it freezes and I can't hear that music via their flash player or certain business sites are all flash. I can see the myspace sites if I disable flash but what good is that when a band wants you to check their music or in the case of regular websites it ends up blank.

I have OS 10.5.X and every time I go to myspace with Firefox the browser looses the connection to the internet to the point I have to close the browser and retsart to get the connection back.

It's been happening for a long time but I've never looked into...I just avoid going to myspace.  Safari works ok with myspace...but slowly.

No other flash issues for me.

Mike

Macbook Air here with 10.5.6.  No problems with Flash on either Firefox (my preferred) or Safari. Sorry I can't suggest any thing more helpful.

Cheers,
Ruairi

I'm wondering if it's a java issue. I haven't updated that in a while. I haven't updated a few things in a while but the flash version is the latest so maybe there is a compatibility issue between things. Seems I'm not the only one as I have seen on the firefox website similar issues. It does the same with safari as well. Maybe I'll install IE and see if that fixes anything. I never liked IE.

edit: updated firmware and a few other things like quicktime, java, and asecurity update. Now works without issues.

sodderboy said:
Did you try IE, just to be thorough?
No problems with a 2.4GHz Core 2 MacBook and 10.5.7.
Mike

IE=Ew...  Don't even install it...

I have have the same setup and no problems as of now.

Hi Pucho,

Have you checked for Firefox updates?

I would thoroughly recommend upgrading to 10.5 if I were you. 10.4.11 is a bit wobbly. I had loads of trouble when someone (the missus!) accepted the update from 10.4.10! Easyist option, 10.5. Why are you still using 10.4? old applications? If it is for music software, 'cos I found that when I went to 10.5 and updated any plugins, drivers, etc, my system became SO much more stable than it was with 10.4.

good luck!

ANdyP

pucho812 said:
edit: updated firmware and a few other things like quicktime, java, and asecurity update. Now works without issues.

works fine. I don't wish to upgrade to 10.5 yet as I have certain software I use that when I upgrade the os, will have to upgrade as well. Can't afford it yet.

Back