Who can write PC/Mac plugin for CULT digitally controlled SSL-mixbuzz????

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Igor

As in subject. I have an idea to offer PCB's for digitally controlled SSL mixbuss compressor.
It will include all known options, paralleled VCA's, wet/dry, etc.
If someone can write pligin for Mac/PC, wellcome. If not, there will be simply 16 memory's.

What protocol will be used?

MIDI? USB? RS-232 Serial?(hopefully not!)

And as Sahib asked, what's the command structure you envision?

Do you want to support full automation of all parameters or just saving/recalling settings in memory?

What microcontroller will be used?

I'm working on a VST/AU Mac/PC plugin for automating my GSSL. Most of the way through a working prototype of plugin + hardware. Maybe we should talk so we don't reinvent the wheel? I've got options for turbo, sidechains etc on an all smd board that would replace the current control board on the GSSL. Has USB and MIDI connectors, rotary encoders for the front panel controls etc.

Attachments

• GSSL.png
    GSSL.png
    60.9 KB · Views: 240
What I meant to say was this: My prototype might not work out, or ever get finished, I've been working on it a while. My software is better than my hardware :p Regardless, I'll have a plugin written that does most of what you'll want, I'll have no trouble modifying it to suit your needs :)

Heres a mac VST. http://www.justinlatimer.com/uploads/assets/GSSL.vst.zip. If people could download this and test it with their plugin hosts etc. Note: this is a mostly finished plugin - behind the scenes, I have it all working with the hardware. I'd be interested to know if it works with other hosts etc, automation (watching the gui change). I'll post the win build if people are interested in trying that instead, let me know.

I'm tidying up my hardware prototype, and wondering how much interest there is in doing a project for this? Are people comfortable soldering SMD if I get a run of PCBs done? (TQFP, 0805 etc). Do people want to see the end result before saying anything?

Latest posts

Back