MK-U47

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...and i thank you - without you guys this all wouldn't be possible!

Flea's delivery of the second batch should be arring at the end of this week, so they'll become available beginning of next week.

-Max

I have a question about bv.12 ... could it be also used for ELAM-251? I have the poctop pcb. Does anybody have any experiences with different transformers for this circuit?
If this topic was discussed anywhere else please direct me there!
Thanks!

Banko, Are you using the white 251 P.S.B? I just finished stuffing 2 sets of mic and power supply boards last night.
I asked the same question about transformers in the 251 build thread
http://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=55010.240
I read on Chunger's Store site it could depend on what capsule is used? But it only talks about the AMI and Ciunemag in the C12. Don't know about others or in the 251. Check it out.

A note from Fox Audio Research regarding the C12 transformer offerings from AMI and Cinemag:

The CM-13114 was wound by Cinemag at the request of Fox Audio Research to get a 12:1 transformer with the improved low end sound that Cinemag's laminations exhibit. Three different alloys are stacked in the core to create the improved low end. The Cinemag also has the signature 1dB down response at 20KHz using a plate follower 6072 tube that makes it sound warm.

The AMI T14 is a full 1dB down at 20Hz, but adds a small mid-range lift (.25dB) and is flat out to 20KHz which works great with capsules that are low end heavy like the CT12.

Yes I have the the white pcb from poctop. I ordered also the Beezneez body and their CK12 capsule. Now I'm searching for the other parts, specially the transformer.

I was just informed that the second batch of headbaskets was shipped from FLEA
so i'll be accepting orders soon-check the first post for updates!

Anyone know of a u47 kit like this that ships from US/Canada. Definitely interested but trying to find the most reasonable shipping/price for a kit similar to this quality.

The shipping cost isn't that expensive, ( well worth it,I would say) but Max's other build is available from Studio 939, which is states based.

Anybody know status of psu's ?

Since I have received a batch of Thiersch M7 Blue Line Capsules and Flea capsule holders recently,
the the remaining MK-U47's can be now ordered as a "complete mic kit" with capsule and holder for....edit: sold out

Hi Max,
I have sent a mail some weeks ago but unfortunatley no reply.?
I'd like to know how the bottom of the body looks like and if I can fit an original U47 socket. Could you provide some pics or measures?
Would you sell a kit without basket as well since I have a Wunder-basket already? And a last question was about upgrading my 2 MK47 PCBs to Bv.08 (the bulky one) - my PCBs are still as I got them, just the tranny soldered in by you. Would this be a sonic improvement or only an mystic one? :)
Cheers,
Joachim

Latest posts

Back