MK-U47

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All paid orders shipping.
(vintage) U87 conversion kit is in the works - i have a working prototype, will receive a U87 soon to complete the testing.
MK-U47 are sold out at the moment, the next (bigger) batch is in the works.

Happy new Year everyone!

-Max

Hi Everyone,

sorry for the delay - after some setbacks I'm back at manufacturing the new batch of MK-U47's.
There are still some things to be ordered, after I finish the lathe work the parts go to bead blasting and galvanizing, so I'd guess in about three to four weeks the new batch should become available again.
Pricing will be the same as before, see first post for details.

-Max

Just wanted to chime in and give a ringing endorsement. Finally got mine (had someone build it for me) and it's a thing of beauty...really, really great. I bought a Blueline from Thiersch - it's not huge on bottom in my opinion, but the top end and midrange richness is fantastic. Actually going to have Shannon Rhoades build a K47 capsule too...Really looks like an OG 47 inside and out. Started with Northern Electric 408's and then bought some RCA Gold Tip 408's that really took it to another level.

Max - any chance I can order just a headbasket?

Here's a link to some sound files I sang really quickly.
http://www.realgearonline.com/post/52004/thread

Sorry - I failed to mention that Tony Campagna built this for me and did an incredible job. Meticulous. If you need one built just reach out to me and I can put you in touch. Actually, I think Tony is on the board, so maybe he will chime in.

Hi All,

Unfortunately there have been a few delays regarding the new batch, but everything's sorted out now and new kits should become available by the end of this week/early next week. Thanks everybody for your patience!

-Max

MK-U47%20Kit%20copy.jpg

I've built the PSU, I have the tubes, the mic cable and the shock mount (from Beesneeze, very good quality). Just waiting  for the kit for my second MK-U47. It's getting close now... :)

- Stefan

Hi Everybody,

now that the correct screws finally arrived, I'm completing the assembly of the new MK-U47 batch.
Shipping starts tomorrow, and I'm now open for orders. I'll go through my list, but if you inquired about a kit in the past it doesn't hurt to send me another email.
Kit/pricing and contact info: http://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=35667.msg437839#msg437839

A quick snapshot during assembly:
Batch%202015.jpg

Thanks for the quick payments. The initial in-rush was higher than anticipated, so I'm still busy with packing. All paid orders will go out later today/tomorrow. I'll contact each of you in a individual email soon.

-Max

Hi Guys,
Anyone ideas for an affordable MK-U47 shockmount? Also still searching for a pcb for the PSU!
All the best,
Marcel

marcelkroese said:
Hi Guys,
Anyone ideas for an affordable MK-U47 shockmount? Also still searching for a pcb for the PSU!
All the best,
Marcel

http://store.studio939.com/product/microphone-shock-mounts
as far as PCB, you'll have to wait for zayance, or chungs new universal PSU, not sure on either? I'm probably just going to build my own PTP PSU 8) I'm so excited about this mic that I can hardly stand it! I built one for someone, and it blew me away, i already have a great sounding MK47, i didn't think the MKU47 would sound better, but it most definitely did. Max is theeee man!

good luck Marcel

Many thanks, just ordered two pcb's @zayance and 2 shockmounts @tonycamp.
The MK-U47's are on their way as we speak. So are the Flea holders, Thiersch M7 blue line capsules and two of those beautiful Collective Cases.
Very excited about this project. Can't wait to start building and use them for great recordings!
Keep up the good work, guys!

Latest posts

Back