MK-U47

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,
can somebody recommend for EU:
-a good powersuply kit for this mic
-where to get the tubes
-Where to get the cable (PSU to mic)

Thanks,
J.

I recommend the PSU board from Zayance, a good cable can be had from sommer at thomann.
Many bought phillips ecg 6028 or RCA 408a tubes with great results.

-Max

For my first built I used a Flea shockmount which is a bit pricey.
Ironically I bought a second one a few months later for my second clone in ebay and payed 20 EUR (!!!).
It is exactly the same one as the Flea and it was new - Lucky me.... ;D

If you're leaving the clone territory there is an even better option I would choose if I had to buy these shockmounts again: The Rycote InVision Series.
For the U47 you'll need the USM-VB Model.
http://www.thomann.de/de/rycote_invision_usm_vb.htm

I am using the little brother for my U87 Clones and those are more effective than the originals.

ioaudio said:
I recommend the PSU board from Zayance, a good cable can be had from sommer at thomann.
Many bought phillips ecg 6028 or RCA 408a tubes with great results.

-Max
Thanks Max,
do you still have the MK U47 kits on stock? What would be the total incl. shipping costs to Croatia?
I ordered the Zayance board and case from Dan (couldn't find anything similar in EU appart form Mic&Mod), regarding the tubes where to source them? Ebay?
Any experience with this guy? http://www.nostubestore.com/search/label/6028%2F408A%2FTS62
He is offering a Phillips Miniwat TS62, claims to be a 6028 tube used for telecom in Europe, low noise...Pricier that the WE he is offering to, but those are out of stock.

Noticed a lot of folks opted for the Flea capsule holder, even when using the Thiersch capsule.
I'm just wondering what makes them to choose the Flea holder over the Thiersch holder?

stribor1 said:
Noticed a lot of folks opted for the Flea capsule holder, even when using the Thiersch capsule.
I'm just wondering what makes them to choose the Flea holder over the Thiersch holder?

Quality is excellent on both.  The FLEA uses a solder tab instead of a pin for the ground connection but both are copies of the original.  Order the one that will get to you quickest or save you some $$$. 

I ordered the Flea because the head basket of the mic is also Flea. Just to be sure  for perfect alignment.

Dear all,
Without using any height adjustment, having installed a Flea capsule holder I find that it sits too high in the basket.
Anyone dealt with this? What's the result with other holders? I am planning to use a Thiersch Blue Line M7.
Best,
Marcel

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    684 KB · Views: 41
Looks right, as often discussed the capsule partially sits behind the top ring.
Read the build thread, these and other questions have been answered.

-Max

Actually your capsule still sits a little too low - use at least one acrylic disc.
G. Wagner made this picture where you can see the height: http://www.wagner-microphones.com/U47w_transparent.htm

best,
Max

Latest posts

Back