Studer 169 EQ in API 500 format

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kante1603 said:
Congrats Kaz!
May I ask if the knobs are Sifams?

Best regards and have fun (nice sounding eqs,aren't they?),

Udo.

Thanks Udo!

Yeah, the knobs are Sifams. I got those ones from canford in the UK, but I've got a lot of other Sifams that I got from RadioSpares too. In fact, you can't quite see it, but below them are EQN's which I've used all black Sifams on and it looks really good and understated. I think in hindsight I might have gone with the ones with the fins on them, as it's a pain having to look at them whilst adjusting them, but that's just my own inexperience showing up!

They're pleasant sounding EQs without a doubt and I've currently used them more than my EQNs, but that's just down to having a lack of time to experiment. I'm currently building up my collection so I'm also building a pair of Igor's He69s at the moment, so I'm looking forward to comparing the 169s to the He69s and the EQNs soon. Should be a lot of fun! ;)

BTW, your 169s look fantastic! Really sturdy looking too!

Cheers,

Kaz

Can these be turned into baxendall filters easily? Afaik there's a guy called regular Jon recordings who does a lot of custom work and he does a 2 channel bax and apparently used this circuit.
So I really want a bax eq as my next eq - can anyone point me in the right direction?

Do your guys think you could fit a channel of the Harrison ford filter as well? By the looks of them it should fit - might be a bit of a squeeze...

dogma said:
Do your guys think you could fit a channel of the Harrison ford filter as well? By the looks of them it should fit - might be a bit of a squeeze...

It would be easier to add a switched passive hpf instead of active variable. Less trace cutting and routing of power, not to mention front panel considerations and stereo matching... It would definitely be a nice addition for bus duties.

Hi!

Does anyone here know how to connect a NTP m100 DOA to this circuit? I think I read that someone had tried that and I have a couple of NTPm100 that I would like to try. There is a lot more pins on the ntp and I´m not sure how to connect it the best way.

Finished up two channels..

Not much to it, just thought I'd share.

Gustav

Attachments

• Studer169K5.gif
    Studer169K5.gif
    291.9 KB · Views: 304
Kimster said:
Hi!

Does anyone here know how to connect a NTP m100 DOA to this circuit? I think I read that someone had tried that and I have a couple of NTPm100 that I would like to try. There is a lot more pins on the ntp and I´m not sure how to connect it the best way.

Do you have the pinout available?

Kimster said:

Hard to fit in height in a 500 rack with an additional adapter PCB or bend leads.
For a pinout, look here:
http://www.silentarts.de/DIY/OV560/OV560-DOA-Options.pdf

Thanks a lot! Gonna try this, Just waiting for some other parts to arrive! I know it´s going to be a tight fit if it´s possible at all…

:)

Kimster said:
Thanks a lot! Gonna try this, Just waiting for some other parts to arrive! I know it´s going to be a tight fit if it´s possible at all…

:)

Lots of space to drill holes on the PCB -  so, drill and add jumper-wires to connect?

Gustav

I thought I share my Mouser project with you all.  :)
http://www.mouser.com/ProjectManager/ProjectDetail.aspx?AccessID=9ed4371b7b

It includes all resistors, capacitors, ICs, IC sockets, the push-button and both the Mill-Max pins and sockets. It doesn't include the pots, transformer, knobs or anything for the DOAs except the Mill-Max pins.

I tripple-checked everything but I'm still a beginner so it may have some errors.

Cheers,
Goetz

goetzmd said:
I thought I share my Mouser project with you all.  :)
http://www.mouser.com/ProjectManager/ProjectDetail.aspx?AccessID=9ed4371b7b

Nice to share a project!  It's hard work putting together a list so thanks for sharing it

Nick Froome

Hello,thanks for sharing the bom.
Haven't checked it but please be aware that some parts will be different depending on how you build it,so with or without transfomer,doa etc.
Just meant as a hint.

Best regards and have fun building them,they're great!

Udo ;)

Back