Diy Parts Supply - 3 rail adjustable psu kits $35 (+/-/48V(or other))

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey PTK, tried to search first but no luck (maybe my bad). What can your PSuniversal deliver? Thanks, -Glenn

Whats the most juice the PSU can handle.  Im tryin to find a PSU for an 8ch ez1290 build (0v +24v +48v), I think i found a giant torroid to handle it.  Would I just have to get beefier VR's caps and resistors (diodes i imagine also)?

Theoretically, the limits are imposed by the regulators...which are lm317's and an lm337. They can handle in excess of 1.5A each, but would require extra heatsinking.

Ok. it's fixed...for now. Something is causing the site to use a bunch of resources, probably the web host trying to sponge extra money from me...it worked.

Hey,

What regulator chip does the PSUniversal use for +48VDC? I just want to double check I have the right one in there.

Thanks in advance,
-JP

A noob question about suitable toroid... I have 4 channel strips, each takes +/-15V,  90mA per leg on idle
I might to add a headphone amp, another 90mA max. Of course there is phantom too.

Is this enough/suitable: 15VA, 230V AC / 15V + 15V / 0.5A + 0.5A or should I go with this: 30VA, 230V AC / 15V + 15V / 1A + 1A

It is difficult to add any heatsinks on the kit, anything I should worry on my usage?

Thanks

If you plan on being able to run everything at once, you should really go more than 30VA, and moderate heatsinking would be simple enough to do.

Been asked a few times if I'm still operating, the answer is yes. I still have psus and sga-soa kits in stock. My day job has really sucked all of my time away from this. Going to try and get around to black marketing a bunch of bits and bobs soon, i've got way too much stuff kicking around.

Latest posts

Back