Electrocuting mice traps any DIY tips?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That antifreeze trap is probably intended to drown them.. I have heard reports of animals drinking anti-freeze because it tastes good to them. Then they die. So perhaps be careful where you leave it laying around, if other stray animals, or toddlers, or whatever are around, that you don't want to die.

JR

http://www.elektor-electronics.co.uk/magazines/2003/january/rodent-deterrent.54982.lynkx

Why are you so determined on killing?

Svart said:
I don't kill animals that I don't plan on eating.  I'm not one of those PETA types but I just don't like killing animals that are just trying to find a cozy place to live.  I had squirrels in my attic and I figured out how they were getting in, and used live traps with "squirrel chow"(yes they do make it..) and caught both of them.  I sealed up the hole and drove them down to the park.

No more squirrels in the attic and I didn't kill anything in the process.

I wanted to build one of these, but my wife said I had to install a net out in the woods for them to "land" in.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3Ya6z-NlDo
Bruno2000

Svart said:
I don't kill animals that I don't plan on eating.  I'm not one of those PETA types but I just don't like killing animals that are just trying to find a cozy place to live.  I had squirrels in my attic and I figured out how they were getting in, and used live traps with "squirrel chow"(yes they do make it..) and caught both of them.  I sealed up the hole and drove them down to the park.

No more squirrels in the attic and I didn't kill anything in the process.

What, you don't eat squirrel? 

A terrier will do the trick too. Perhaps a congregant has a small terrier they could loan out.

Could we let this topic fade into the background?
The last thing we need is a zealous member of PETA to start protesting against this little forum we've got here :)

Back