2SK170/ 2SK377 for Shure beta 87 mic..where can I find these ?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gary o

Got 2 beta 87 mics  one wired, other radio head both have broken transistors in them, the wired version had a 2SK377 & the Radio mic head had a 2SK170 (surface  mount tran if i remember correct)

question is are the 2 FETs basically the same ??

Where can I buy them from UK ??

Cant seem to find here in UK apart from evilbay, wondering if there is equivalent to look for ??

Ive read of a few mic mods here and the 2SK170BL comes upa lot is the BL version a low noise & better option ?

Also want a 2SK170BL to build a Octava type mic circuit

As a desperate measure I tried a FET found in a electret mic from a cheap old cassette recorder I had laying around, to my suprise it works & seems to work ok , I cant A&B it to original maybe it what be noisier so would like to find correct or ugraded FETs

Ant advice would be great, thanks for reading.

Thanks nele but they USA based they have UK contact and only have 2SK170 not the BL version.

Hi,

I bought semis from ampslab.com (including k170BL) on several different occasions. Very good service.

Regards,
Milan  

Milan, cool site thanks but as I say IM trying to locate the FETs In the ....UK....

Cheers guys.

Hi,

i think i bought a bunch of 2SK170BL fets some time ago. If you need only a few let me know, i can give them as a late Christmas present.

Miha

gary o said:
Thanks nele but they USA based they have UK contact and only have 2SK170 not the BL version.

I think they're actually located in Hong Kong but they have offices around the world and ship fast (I'm in the Netherlands..) with low shipping prices.
The 2SK170's I got from them we're the GR ones. Could work. Jus buy 50 and use the ones with low IDSS
IDSS classification GR: 2.6~6.5 mA, BL: 6.0~12 mA, V: 10~20 mA

Back