stripping wires with your teeth

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dagoose

This evening i had some wiring to do to some toggle switches and so i used some standard 0,5mm wire for that and without even thinking about it i stripped the wires with my teeth, something that i do since i was a little kid.  ;D
In some kind of way it makes me wonder.. am i the only one using teeth to strip wires?  :eek:
To me it really works perfect, precise (i can strip of 1mm sharp because of the years of experience) and fast and i love the sound of the 'tssshh' when you put your iron against the freshly stripped wire.  :D
I don't even have the tools to strip wire!

hmm.. is this strange?  ::)

Well . . . if you can cleanly strip cloth covered wire I'd say you have a talented set of bicuspids.

pucho812 said:
lazy man I know was installing phone jacks. Wire strippers over on the table far away from where the jack was going so he did that with his teeth and got shocked

I've done this too... couldn't talk for a few minutes....

I've done it lots before. Less these days as my teeth aren't what they were when I was a younger lad.
'Prolly cause I had done that lots before.

I broke a tooth machine munching some pistachios -- surprised me!
Cost 1000.00 at the dentist too.

So I leave the tool jobs to the tools anymore.

yep! me too, i've been doing it for over 20 years...no problems here, in between my two front teeth, i get a nice clean cut...

ha! i always wondered this too...

Pete

gar381 said:
GUILTY !! ;D

GAY

Dude, we only wanted to know if you stripped wires with your teeth; no need on coming out on us like that.

I'd just like to point out though, this is a gay-friendly forum.

A drummer friend of mine is a heating engineer in his day job. When wiring up boilers he has a naughty habit of clamping the cable in his mouth to keep his hands free for other stuff

But one time his sparky had already connected up the other end to the mains. :eek:  He said the worst bit was that he couldn't say 'FUCK!' because his customer was right next to him and he had to pretend it didn't happen.

:p

hahahahaa! i feel so much better now  that i know i'm not the only one.  ;D

BTW, my dentist recently said my teeth are build like a tank so i'm gonna try cotton isolated 5mm wire soon.  ::)

Back