point to point/turret board layout software

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hammond

Some time ago i had seen here on the forum a link to some point to point/turret board layout software, but can't find it anymore.
Can someone repost it please? ;D

I don't know of any commercially available design software specifically made for laying out circuits. I'm sure there are a bunch of them but if you can't find any I might suggest learning how to use QCad. It is a really simple program and I've used it for layouts for 6 or 7 projects so far. I accurately size my parts whenever I get a shipment of new components and save them in a library, which makes building up a layout pretty fast.

Mason

I used DIY Layout Creator for some time and came to conclusion that it makes no sense to use program for p2p/turret and veroboard layouts.
What i'm doing now is:
i draw layout on a paper, normally two to three times before it's nice, logic and effective (depends of how complicated it is).
Than i take components, compare them to layout and draw another in 1:1 scale. This way i make sure i don't get surprises when i'm soldering my circuit together.
If my circuit is simple i just put it together, it always works if i don't make something stupid.

I don't know what layouts you want to make, but "manual way" is ok for me when i'm making tube circuits and stuff like DIs, IC/discrete buffers, line receivers and drivers, etc.
I think my layouts improved a lot when i learned about grounding (use fat wire for ground, try to follow schematic-from left to right) and wire crossing (high voltage away from signals, when you have to cross the wires do it at right angle).

Miha

Back