A question to GSSL compressor builders: new GSSL PCB layout for 1RU

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Igor said:
The original GSSL board was a nightmare,
Tell me :)

Well, I added new device(202) to VCA library, just have to move some things to
put this on board...in generall, should fit well. What is the pin diameter for 202?

P.S.
The cans are 1.07" x 2.07", and 0.5" high off the board
Bruno2000

Igor said:
I really liked how MixBuzz500 thread appeared in parallel thread for 1RU layout some hours later.
/for those who sceptic, check the dates. Many posts were deleted, but it is easy to follow.

Great to see this project come to fruition Igor, looking forward to it.

I must say that quips like these definitely don't add to the level of decorum.  :mad:

Mark

I really don't care about decorum, and prefer to write things _as they are_.
The best decorum for me is good made work inside the box, in other words.
/cynic perception in it's old school :)
Anyway... I am waiting, already got good lesson about posting
things in progress without thinking :)
Well... Writing the fully specified test procedure and building stuff for MixBuzz500 docs,
this is more interesting than political stuff.
BTW, the part numbers are same for most parts as for MixBuzz500,
this way people who built 51X format unit will do it easier with 1RU, back and forth.
Same support/troubleshooting for MixBuzz500 and MixBuzz in 1RU.

Cool. Can you explain in simple words what do you mean:
Why you decided to start a new thread when you've got a thriving one for your compressor already is beyond me, unless it was to specifically bitch and moan.

Yes, there are many versions of this compressor floating around.
This is not the deal. I think, someone thought there can be a lot of effort
in doing same as I did in 500 format, but in 1RU, right after I started this thread.

Every thing posted in 500 thread and here appeared in parallel 1RU built thread, and this was annoying.
Regarding the effort, all of my projects projects I offered were done for lowest possible profit.
For example, the metal brackets for MixBuzz500 are laser cut, cnc bending, done locally,
not chinese stuff. I payed about EUR50+ per bracket for first batch. Quality worth this.
All my PCB's manufactured locally as well, at the factory with all possible sertificates
including military. This matters.

Well... The pricing for 1RU MixBuzz boards will be more than reasonable and affordable.
Of course, depends on quantity.

The set will include pair of audio boards and control boards set.
Power supply located at the control board, front panel boards connected to main...well,
for now, little secret, but this way it can fit in almost every possible existing box :)
Just for sneak, no hardcore wiring at all.

Latest posts

Back