AUDIO&DESIGN F600 clone MK-2

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tongenerator

Does anyone knows something about this compressor? i have seen it some times at ebay for sale...
http://cgi.ebay.de/RADIOMAN-CLASSIC-VINTAGE-HISTORIC-COMPRESSOR-LIMITER_W0QQitemZ140412274920QQcategoryZ21774QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3907.m8QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DSI%252BMW%26itu%3DUCI%252BUA%252BFICS%252BUCC%26otn%3D24%26po%3DLCA%252BLVI%26ps%3D54

i am wondering if some one knows where to get the shematics, pcblayou and bom for this thing.

regards mark

It's an F600. The 600 is a limiter. I saw those ebay too...i'm in Canada so it would need different power. Other than than that, it's probably cool.

Just popped open one of these to do a few improvements!

The control/audio circuit seems to match up with the F600, can't check all the values cos I can't read half the schematic!
http://www.gearslutz.com/board/attachments/high-end/277079d1329204401-adr-f601-rs-transformers-schematic-f660.gif

The only difference seems to be the line out driver, he's stuffed a 5534 stage in there instead of the discreet circuit at the bottom of that schematic (is that a common base input stage!?)

Plan is to rip out the weedy in/out transformers and SMPSU, stick a linear psu in and build those line amp circuits.

Anyone else mucked about with these radiomans? radiomen??

Oh. And does anyone have a better schematic!?

Attachments

• IMG_2160.jpg
    IMG_2160.jpg
    402.3 KB · Views: 249
I cannot see a proper case grounding (safety earth). That´s life-threatening. Mains ground always hast to go to the case first when entering the box. You have to rework that.

jensenmann said:
I cannot see a proper case grounding (safety earth). That´s life-threatening. Mains ground always hast to go to the case first when entering the box. You have to rework that.

I'm glad someone's paying attention, I hadn't spotted that!

From what I can make out, it appears that the SMPS module is earthed (green wire), and he's relying on continuity between the SMPS enclosure and main enclosure to give earth. If he's sanded off some of the chassis paint / powder coating and has checked it with a PAT tester or sensitive Ohmeter, then it's fine. If he's just hoping the continuity's there, then that's no good...

thermionic said:
From what I can make out, it appears that the SMPS module is earthed (green wire), and he's relying on continuity between the SMPS enclosure and main enclosure to give earth. If he's sanded off some of the chassis paint / powder coating and has checked it with a PAT tester or sensitive Ohmeter, then it's fine. If he's just hoping the continuity's there, then that's no good...
might be good, but not in german laws.

[silent:arts] said:
thermionic said:
might be good, but not in german laws.

Does the German legislation directly stipulate that there must be discrete earth wires to the chassis and SMPS cage? There should be, as there's mains wiring passing through the chassis and the cage can always come loose... But I am intrigued to see the particular paragraph in the CE regs - it's a while since I studied them. Most designs with SMPSs in cages have IEC connectors on the SMPS, so mains doesn't pass directly through the chassis...

Hi (sorry for digging such an old thread)!

I have one of those Radioman Limiters - mains ground is in fact NOT connected to the chassis, but just to the SMPS. The SMPS itself is really sloppy connected to the chassis, so.....

How should this issue be solved best? Would connecting the mains earth wire to the chassis, and from there to the SMPS's earth connector be the right way?

Best,
Elm.

Back