GSSL 1k* & 2k** locations

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBVries

On the GSSL PCB there are resistor locations that show 1k* and 2k**, what the flip do these mean?

Please please help as my whole assembly has halted until I figure out what I'm missing.

Cheers.

JBVries said:
On the GSSL PCB there are resistor locations that show 1k* and 2k**, what the flip do these mean?

Please please help as my whole assembly has halted until I figure out what I'm missing.

Cheers.

For the 2K** i think it should be that (from the schematic, you can find it on the Gyraf website) : ** = meter sensitivity 2K=20dB ,1K=10dB Full scale at 1mA Meter

For the 1K* i don't know...

Lionel

GSSL related questions belong in the gssl help thread.  Also, use of the search function would have answered this question.

But to give you an answer... for a 1maDC meter you use 1K for 10dB full scale metering and 2K for 20dB full scale metering.  Of course a number of factors including the VCA that you use will affect how accurate this is.  It's actually better to use a 5K trimpot so that you can perfectly calibrate the metering.

Also, the answer to this is in the pdf on http://www.gyraf.dk/gy_pd/ssl/ssl.htm

Latest posts

Back