Just a stupid question

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zayance

GDIY Supporter
White Market Member
Do you know why Euphonix don't want to release the drivers for their Artist series to work on a PC?
I mean i have a laptop Mac and PC, but PC is my main audio system, build by me, would have cost me a huge amount of money if i had made it on Mac, and you don't even hear the beast in the room, never had any bugs or issues or whatever runs on XP, so far so good.
Euphonix big products runs on PC, so obviously it's a contract with Apple Apogee etc... and that maybe for years, but i mean people still use PC in the Audio business i'm sure, not as much as MAC that's for sure, but, besides that all the other people that don't want to spend some killer money on Mac, small personal studio guy, or whatever, they will buy it, aren't they loosing some money on doing this?  ::)

I think that that will not be the case for too long.  Avid's aquisition of Euphonix will force the need to have everything cross-platform.
I have gotten away from the studio computer area over the last two years, which is a lifetime in tech years.  Is it possible to run programs in both OS worlds simultaneously from a single Mac?
MIke

I think that that will not be the case for too long.  Avid's aquisition of Euphonix will force the need to have everything cross-platform.

Hope so

Is it possible to run programs in both OS worlds simultaneously from a single Mac?

Yes you can have PC on a Mac, Mac on a PC yes also, but concerning PC on a MAc i found that useless, cause at the end it makes your Mac a PC, you have to install anti viruse etc..., OS mac on a PC, when i was in Japan, when you wanted to buy a PC laptop you had the choice of wich OS nice  :), the only thing that doesn't make me do it on my PC workstation is because what i know in PC environnement, is when your system works, then stick with it, because upgrading tuning etc... can cause a lot of problems, but maybe people in here have done it with success, i just don't want to waste more time on configuring, My system is flawless really, i run 16 channels recording with no crazy unstability, no prob at all, Fireface Cards and their Asio is pretty amazing for that.

Back