Surprising stories

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zayance

GDIY Supporter
White Market Member
Hey, i have an app on my iphone which is pretty nice, it's called in french "will sleep feeling less dumb", and it's an app where people can share storys, based on facts that they have or know, and people can agree or disagree, and the story will have according to that an icon saying veryfied or maybe, or no true etc..., and i ran on some amazing storys i'd like to share just some veryfied and some probably true:

1. the "Bic" Pen has a hole in its hat, and this option was added in the 80's for, if a kid swallows the hat their will still be some tin air passing to avode suffocate. "probably"
2. Super Glue (Cyanoacrylate) was used in Vietnam war, to help close the wounds of the soldiers, and is still used in surgery. "probably"
3. Charlie Chaplin has presented himself in a Chaplin Lookalikes competition in 1915, incognito, he never made to the finals. "probably"  :D, someone said true based on the book of his life.
4. The famous clothing brand Hugo Boss has made all the uniforms of the SS and of the Wermacht during WW2, and also all the Stripped Pyjamas of the Deported Jews. "Verified"  :eek:
etc
etc

And there's a bunch of them like that, pretty nice app, i'll be sleeping feeling less dumb tonight...

zayance said:
2. Super Glue (Cyanoacrylate) was used in Vietnam war, to help close the wounds of the soldiers, and is still used in surgery. "probably"

Verified.  I had my thumb glued shut after tearing it open using a drill press without a clamp (lesson learned).  My wife also had her 10" incision glued shut after she had her adrenal gland removed.

On a side note, Jason Ward the fourth bass player from Flotsam and Jetsam used to slather his finger tips on his right hand with crazy glue before every gig.  He played so hard that he would rip open his fingertips if he didn't do this.

Emperor Tomato Ketchup said:
On a side note, Jason Ward the fourth bass player from Flotsam and Jetsam used to slather his finger tips on his right hand with crazy glue before every gig.  He played so hard that he would rip open his fingertips if he didn't do this.

'Apparently' true of Stevie Ray V. as well, though he got hhis guitar tech to do it (I read somewhere ;D )

Emperor Tomato Ketchup said:
Flea supposedly did this as well - but not -before- gigs.

Latest posts

Back