Input impedance of G1176 with OEP-TX (1+1:6.45+6.45)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As promised, here's the stilt picture. I mounted the output transformer on vero, and then put it on stilts above the PCB. I then connected like I said:

For the output transformer primary I connected S1 to point 1 on the PCB (which was the start of the winding on the Lundahl) I then connected both F2 and the shield to point four (which is ground) on the PCB.

Then on the secondary I connected S1 to point 6 on the PCB, and F2 to point 9 on the PCB. I linked the transformer as you said on veroboard.

Sound good?

Next up will be the wiring of the input transformer.

stiltoep1176.jpg

And now the input...which somehow seems wrong...maybe?

G1176inputxformoepcopy.jpg

Okay, into the input transformer from the input XLR:

EDIT: Fixed error in typing

1. I connected + to F2 primary.
2. I connected - S1 primary.

Out of the secondary:

3. I connected F1 and F2 to the pin one on the input pot.
4. I connected S1, S2, and the earth pin on the OEP to the ground plane of the PCB.

On the input pot:

1. I connected pin 2 on the pot to point 2 on the PCB.
2. I connected Pin 3 on the input pot to ground (point 3 on pcb).
3. As stated above, I connected Pin 1 directly to F1 and F2 of the secondary on the OEP.

Please lord...let me have this correct!! :)

Hi Jay,

Okay, just had a look at your pics- all looking pretty good to me. I got confused with what you said in the text though- the way you describe the wiring to the input transformer is different from what you've drawn in the pic- but the pic has the correct wiring! Output transformer wiring looks good. Veroboard + stilts good too!

Good luck with it,

:thumb:

Mark

Thank you thank you thank for your help with this Mark!!!!!!

You're my hero of the week!!! It's an honor, I know. :green:

:guinness: :guinness: :guinness: :guinness: :guinness: :guinness:

We can still use the original specified Lundahl TX on the input, without modification right?

I'm assuming the low impedence problem is only with the OEP's on input, right?

Kato

I always skip the ne5532 section. Because i don't need it balanced i always feed signal directly to point 1 of R5 10k input pot. Don't forget to remove the ne5532 from socket or cut the point that ne5532 meets the input pot.
I like this sound. It's more clear . Going again through 5532 the sound is going mote tiny , thin and dirty.

I wish i help...
cheers
fotis

Latest posts

Back