SSL SL570 8 band EQ

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moamps

Hi,
I have the module in question (front panel and analog board) and need to rack it.
I don't have the schematic for it so I'm wondering if there's some kind soul out there who happens to have the schematic and is willing to send it to me.

Thanks in advance,
Milan

Hi Moamps,

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but the 570 is not an eq. It's a VCA controller for an 8 channel 8 band eq located outside of the console. Standalone it's useless, except for the 8x Penny and Giles 10kLin faders....

Hi Helterbelter,

Thank you very much for the clarification. I had a sneaky suspicion that the module was missing something because
there were no EQ caps anywhere on the daughtherboard. Anyway, it would be interesting to see what the "EQ core" looks like and how complex it is. Obviously, this "project" needs much more work than I thought it would be.

Regards,
Milan

Yes, I'm curious about the actual unit as well. I haven't seen it before, and I guess that people that part out 5000 and 8000 consoles throw out the actual eq units..... Bummer. But I never heard anythin about this EQ, so I suppose it's not that interesting anyway. Since it's programmable, you'd probably need the SSL computer with it as well.....

I've got one SL570 as well, I currently use it for controlling the vca's of the subgroups in my mixer. Once I have installed the faders for it, I have to think for a new purpose for this thing. I have some ideas, but nothing ideal yet.

Still have the 570 ?

Here's the eq board itself :
http://www.ebay.nl/itm/171844304866?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I'm pretty certain it's possible to drive it directly from the 570

ah, bummer.

I thought about buying the board myself, as  it really intrigues me. And the possibilities because it can also be used as multiband compressor by adding a few GSSL sidechains.....
It's stereo by the way, it holds 2 channels with 8 bands each, balanced in and out. a pair of parallel VCA's for each band, you can see 32x2151 VCAs on it.

At first I thought it'd be the audiocard for the programmable dual 3 band parametric eq, but I opened the photo's in Windows photoviewer, zoomed in, and then I saw it's the graphic eq board.

But I don't have the time to invest in such a project, and I don't have the 570 anymore either. But creating a cv isn't that difficult.

Maybe I'll grab it after all. Although it probably will sit on a shelf for a few years doing nothing....

nah, I'd better spend my time doing music right now, and I still have a bunch of other unfinished projects to do first, and I have a few nice graphic eq's in the rack.
But somebody should take it. I'll post it in the ebaythread in the BM section.

Back